PDA

View Full Version : Wall water damage

Dondada2810
08-01-2019, 08:03 AM
Hideout 272lhs,
I have water i trution from bottom of top bunk window to the bottom goes all the way down to the storage compartment (pics lower) has anyone ever removed a wall or repairs this type of issue the panel is 140 but has to be mailed freight which turns into 500 dollars, anyone have videos or instructions on this, I’m 2 month out of my warrantee so i doubt they will help me,

Roscommon48
08-01-2019, 08:45 AM
2 months out of warranty? I'd push for a warranty claim!

5J's
08-01-2019, 09:01 AM
What he said.^^^

sourdough
08-01-2019, 09:14 AM
First and foremost, if it's sitting outside like it appears to be do something to cover that area so you don't have further damage.

Secondly, this is where your relationship with the dealer comes in. They send things to Keystone for warranty repairs and Keystone makes the decision to cover or not based on the information provided by the dealer. They can make it bland or convincing. Hopefully they can convince them to cover it instead of them saying it's a "maintenance" issue...which is common. Do it quickly would be my recommendation.

kfxgreenie
08-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Looks to me like its from the ceiling down? I'd be up on that roof checking roof to wall seams as well as any tears in roof membrane.

Dondada2810
08-01-2019, 11:00 AM
The top of the window on top of the bunk has no damage and panel is fine above it. It all starts from the bottom of the top which i believe water is coming in from there , they already started to say I’m supposed to seal windows every 6 month and yada yada yada, my dealer told me to call them cause a customers voice is louder then the dealer but seems like they’re going to throw me out to dry. Prob won’t buy keystone again.

sourdough
08-01-2019, 11:15 AM
It's your dealer. They are supposed to be your advocate and they are the only ones Keystone will listen to that assesses a problem. They're just trying to push you off. I wouldn't worry about not buying another Keystone, I wouldn't ever go back to that dealer if they won't try to take care of you. With a proper dealer I suspect this issue would have been handled.