PDA

View Full Version : You are clear over here honey......

Firewall
07-31-2019, 04:44 PM
Yikes!

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23059&stc=1&d=1564619987

NH_Bulldog
07-31-2019, 04:54 PM
Ooooopsies!!

travelin texans
07-31-2019, 05:45 PM
Surely that was this poor fellas 1st fuel stop with his new 5er or had 1 serious cranial flatulence.

Gegrad
07-31-2019, 05:55 PM
Wowsers... that's a major trip ruiner.

jsmith948
08-01-2019, 06:41 AM
That'll buff out:hide:

Badbart56
08-01-2019, 06:49 AM
This happens a lot more than you might think, even with commercial drivers, who should know better.

travelin texans
08-01-2019, 06:58 AM
"Hardly know it's back there!" he says.

rhagfo
08-01-2019, 08:11 AM
This happens a lot more than you might think, even with commercial drivers, who should know better.

I find that most other drivers don’t think anything about pulling near a truck and trailer that is just started to move. Just had that experience in a smaller fuel station. Pulling out had a guy right in front of me pulls into the end spot forcing me to do an extra wide sweep around to get to the exit.

CaptnJohn
08-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Just one more reason I fuel only at truck stops when pulling the Montana.

kksfish
08-02-2019, 04:00 AM
Just goes to show you what can happen if don’t change out those CHINA BOMB tires!��

FlyingAroundRV
08-02-2019, 04:16 AM
That is clearly a case of not watching the mirrors while moving in a confined area.
Whenever I'm pulling out of a gas station, I always get the DW to watch my clearance to the pumps and other vehicles. I get out and check for myself if I have any doubts at all.
I know we're all human and prone to mistakes, but to get that trailer that far up on the other vehicle is unforgiveable.
Of course, all the above assumes that the guy in the pickup didn't drive under the side of the 5W.

{tpc}
08-06-2019, 08:17 AM
My trailer isn't that big but I almost exclusively pick an outside pump to avoid things like this. I often skip stations that don't "look" like they will play well with my setup either.

Just the other day, and this wasn't with a trailer but a minivan while leaving the pump next to me didn't judge correctly and clipped the post thing at the end of the pump...big metal post to protect from cars hitting the pumps I guess. Just clipped it...bang...kept driving. Didn't even stop to look. Post was fine...minivan side didn't fair as well.

FlyingAroundRV
08-06-2019, 11:36 AM
My trailer isn't that big but I almost exclusively pick an outside pump to avoid things like this. I often skip stations that don't "look" like they will play well with my setup either.

Just the other day, and this wasn't with a trailer but a minivan while leaving the pump next to me didn't judge correctly and clipped the post thing at the end of the pump...big metal post to protect from cars hitting the pumps I guess. Just clipped it...bang...kept driving. Didn't even stop to look. Post was fine...minivan side didn't fair as well.
Saw something similar in Cleburne TX. Two women in a UHaul rental truck turned too sharply exiting from the pumps and got stuck on a big solid square bollard protecting the end of the pumps. The truck was like a beached whale, not going anywhere soon!

Big1
08-06-2019, 11:33 PM
Ouch! This is not going to be a good day.

retiredusps69
08-07-2019, 04:40 AM
Aw isn't that cute that trailer wanted to mate with that Chevy!!!! Or is that Trailer marking its territory???? Maybe the off spring will be a Class C.

Reminds me of Driving A tractor Trailer in Yonkers NY. Snow storm came to a corner and i was not able to make the swing.I was holding up traffic for about 15 mins.Cops came asked what I was doing. Explained then they told me to hit it and I drug it about 20 feet. Told me don't worry they will tow it anyway SO GO. Never heard about the accident.