PDA

View Full Version : Added a gas line for grill

Roscommon48
07-31-2019, 03:44 AM
I repiped my rv and added a quicke connector for use with my gas grill. flame is too low on grill now.

So, as i see it, the gas goes through the regulator on the rv tanks, and then again through another regulator on the grill.

wondering if i am reducing the LP pressure too much to get gas into the grill?

GeekSquadOfUn
07-31-2019, 03:50 AM
You have to remove the regulator on your grill.

Works like a charm afterwards. Did this on my Weber Q.

That's it.

roadglide
07-31-2019, 03:51 AM
I repiped my rv and added a quicke connector for use with my gas grill. flame is too low on grill now.

So, as i see it, the gas goes through the regulator on the rv tanks, and then again through another regulator on the grill.

wondering if i am reducing the LP pressure too much to get gas into the grill?
Yes it takes pressure to regulate the regulator. What grill are you useing ?

xrated
07-31-2019, 06:07 AM
Two inline regulators will not work. As stated above remove the one from your grill

Carrottop
07-31-2019, 06:57 AM
this was being discussed on another thread recently. I have just ordered this adapter to use my Roadtrip grill with my quick connect propane from the trailer. Thus eliminating the regulator at the BBQ. Not sure if they have one for your particular unit but worth looking into.

https://torjik.com/grill-rv-quick-connect/

jim1
07-31-2019, 07:11 AM
I used the trojik adapter on my road trip grill and it works awesome.I also bought a trojik double quick connect from them as well it is vey handy if you need more than 1 gas appliance at a time.

retiredusps69
07-31-2019, 09:15 AM
I also added a Quick Connect at rear of trailer and one behind propane tanks. Never know where wife wants to set up things.Also have 6 ft and 10 foot braided hoses. Use them on a Coleman stove and off brand grill.