PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Marathon Class Action Law Suit

uavpilotmk
07-30-2019, 05:49 AM

Not sure if anyone else has posted this.

notanlines
07-30-2019, 05:54 AM
http://www.theclassactionnews.com/false-advertising/goodyear-tire-failure/
Another tidbit of info.

JRTJH
07-30-2019, 08:52 AM
Both of those links are for "class action legal firms" that are looking for people to represent. Their goal is typically NOT to represent the owner's interests, but to "run up legal fees" to make a significant profit from the settlement (before the owners get their share). Typically there's 3 or 4 of this type advertisement in the news, on TV, on the internet each week.

I'm not saying don't explore the potential for reimbursement, but don't expect to be the "benefactor of the settlement".... Chances are very good the owners will get "pennies on the dollar" while the legal firm gets "$300 per hour in legal fees for each lawyer assigned to the case"..... caveat emptor

CWtheMan
07-30-2019, 09:06 AM

Not sure if anyone else has posted this.

I’ve read a lot of this kind of reporting about RV tires over the past 12-14 years. None that I’ve read have ever got beyond the bickering stage.

The experts in the tire & RV industries know the failure rates and what the major causes are. They have told consumers over and over again to no avail.

Tire forensic science must produce factual information/proof that the tire actually had defects that caused the failure. Without such proof talk is hogwash.

The only benefit - if one wants’ to call it that - is bad publicity about a name brand tire that in most cases is going to cause the builder to change the name and advertise the new brand as being better. The really bad part is if such a suit was won; the OEM provider for “off shore” tires would end-up having to pay and that would put them out of business.

We don’t really know what materials are actually in our tires. For instance, do you know that China tire builders can use nearly 25% of recycled tire rubber in the mix to build new tires? Tire manufacturers talk about compounds without really saying what their actual ingredients are, unless they are common to most all tires, like carbon black. Why? Confidentiality!

uavpilotmk
07-30-2019, 10:36 AM
I’ve read a lot of this kind of reporting about RV tires over the past 12-14 years. None that I’ve read have ever got beyond the bickering stage.

The experts in the tire & RV industries know the failure rates and what the major causes are. They have told consumers over and over again to no avail.

Tire forensic science must produce factual information/proof that the tire actually had defects that caused the failure. Without such proof talk is hogwash.

The only benefit - if one wants’ to call it that - is bad publicity about a name brand tire that in most cases is going to cause the builder to change the name and advertise the new brand as being better. The really bad part is if such a suit was won; the OEM provider for “off shore” tires would end-up having to pay and that would put them out of business.

We don’t really know what materials are actually in our tires. For instance, do you know that China tire builders can use nearly 25% of recycled tire rubber in the mix to build new tires? Tire manufacturers talk about compounds without really saying what their actual ingredients are, unless they are common to most all tires, like carbon black. Why? Confidentiality!

Great point. I see that the Goodyear Marathon is being replaced with the Goodyear Endurance. Probably same tire and they just changed the name.