PDA

View Full Version : Auto reconnect adjust.

77cruiser
07-29-2019, 04:41 AM
Can the auto reconnect be adjusted/calibrated to go up higher so the trailer doesn't have to be manually raised.

ChuckS
07-29-2019, 05:34 AM
It that I’m aware of

jsmith948
07-29-2019, 05:44 AM
On our Ground Control 3.0, the trailer king pin height, when unhooking, has to be higher than level in order for the auto r-connect to work. I raise the nose of the trailer and then pull the truck forward to allow the suspension to raise the truck bed. If the trailer looks like it will be too low to easily re-connect, I'll raise the nose a bit more. Then after moving the truck out of the way, I hit level. This works for us. But really, even if the pin height has to be adjusted after the auto re-connect, it's not a big deal.

The Ground Control simply remembers how high the nose was and returns it there - as long as it is higher than the level point of the trailer.

77cruiser
07-29-2019, 05:53 AM
I know it's not a big deal. I usually have to raise mine a couple inches after dropping the landing gear, before I unhook.

chuckster57
07-29-2019, 07:16 AM
There isn’t any adjustment or calibration that I have heard of in all my conversations with LCI. As stated the trailer needs to be nose high for the feature to be enabled.

travelin texans
07-29-2019, 07:48 AM
Not that I'm aware of! If once you've disconnected, used auto level & if for any reason you push any other buttons or use manual mode the auto reconnect memory is lost. I never used it in 6+ plus years cause I had to use manual anyway to raise or lower it just a bit to reconnect anyway.

drew999999
07-29-2019, 10:16 AM
I'm also not aware of any way to adjust it. I've never had an issue with auto reconnect with mine. When unhooking, I raise the nose until the 5er just barely lifts off of the hitch head. I then pull the truck out from under the pin, then hit the auto level button. As long as the nose is above level when hitting the auto level, then it saves that height until I choose auto reconnect. I've never had to adjust when re-hooking using this method. Others that leave some weight on the truck suspension when unhooking may have to raise the nose more before backing under again though. I personally take all weight off of the truck to make sure there are no surprises when pulling forward.

bobbecky
07-29-2019, 12:06 PM
In all the years we have been running with our rig, I have never used that feature, just because I'm more comfortable seeing where they are set up before backing into it. I'm wondering if the system is set up that way to place the pin box lower than when unhitched so when you re-hitch, you are ramping the pin box up on the hitch plate instead of coming on flat. Some hitches want you to ramp up, like our Pullrite slider, so you don't "high hitch", placing the pin above the latching mechanism and risking dropping the trailer off the hitch.