PDA

View Full Version : Mor-Ryde Or ?

Cable McMan
09-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Does anyone use the Mor-Ryde or Airborne coupler? If so which do you like, no additional suspense changes just coupler. Is it worth the up-grade?

ileyld
10-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Cable,

My Montana came with the mor-ryde. I like it very much. But how much is the upgrade?

Lonnie

5er
10-09-2009, 04:38 AM
MORryde for me.

albertr
07-11-2011, 12:04 PM
I am looking at buying a hitch pin to replace the original solid one. I am looking towards Mor/Ryde for symplicity & price. I can buy a practically brand new hitch pin for about half what I would pay for a new one (things aren't cheap here in Canada). Problem is that this hitch pin comes from a new 5th wheel that is in the range of 14000 to 18000 lbs. My gross weight rating is 14000 lbs. I wonder if this would be too stiff for mine or how it would ride. Any ideas? Thanks...Al

albertr
07-14-2011, 01:13 PM
I would like an opinion. I can get a great deal on a Mor Ryde pin box but it is in a heavier weight class than my 5th wheel. Mine is dry 10500 and gross 14000.....the available pin box is 14000 and 18000. How well do you figure it will work? Will the rubber shock absorber be too stiff for my weight class? Will it help somewhat? I can replace the rubber in the box with the proper one for about $200 later on if necessary. Thanks ....Al

mhs4771
07-14-2011, 04:38 PM
My unit came with the MorRyde and only had TTs before, so nothing to really compare to. But I would ask myself, how does the cost of the nearly new plus the cost of the proper rubber compare to buying the correct unit new? Remember if you have to change the rubber later that means pulling things apart a second time. So times the cheaper turns out to be the most expensive. Your call

mazboy123
07-15-2011, 01:58 AM
I think you can contact MorRyde and discuss your thoughts with them.

http://www.morryde.com/php/contact/index.php

i have a morryde hitch....works well.

Houndie Dog
07-29-2011, 04:36 PM
MorRyde is awesome. My Cougar just had a solid pinbox, when I bought the montana with the MorRyde there was a significant difference that we noticed right away. Much, much better ride, no herky-jerky stuff going on....nice and smooth.

Jim W
07-30-2011, 12:08 PM
I looked at three different models of aftermarket pin boxes. I ended up purchasing the Trailair pin box, because it works in two planes of motion to reduce the chucking and bouncing that occurs with a solid pin box.
The other two aftermarket pin boxes were the Demco glide and the Mor-ryde pin box. If I was too purchase one of these models I would have purchase the Demco glide. I feel it has better features and material than the Mor-ryde, after reviewing the Mor-ryde design.
I purchased the Trailair pin box from Tweety's they seem to have the best price and free shipping. Here is the link for them. http://tweetys.com/
Jim W.