PDA

View Full Version : Emergency window latch

Twade19
07-27-2019, 12:31 PM
We are working on replacing our 2nd window emergency latch for our front window. First time it broke while closing it, since it broke the first time we stopped using it after my husband replaced it. The 2nd time it broke we were driving from one camp ground to another when my husband noticed the window was flying open. Had to pull over & duct tape it closed. Went to purchase a replacement latch again only this time it didn’t fit properly. When we measured our back emergency window to the front one we discovered an inch difference. Now working to find the correct replacement latch & planning to buy a backup. Any others having this problem?

Cbrez
07-27-2019, 02:27 PM
The emergency window latch in the living room broke on a trip to Florida. Did the same as you and taped it shut until we got to Sarasota. Once in Florida we bought a replacement through Lazydays (Tampa) and had it shipped to our campground. Installed it and haven’t had a problem since. Whenever we stop I’m sure to check the window on my walk around before we hit the road.