PDA

View Full Version : RV radio antenna

Stircrazy
07-26-2019, 07:36 AM
Hi, I have a cougar 330RBK and the radio reception just sucks, cant hardly pick up anything unless your in the city, once you get out in the bush it picks up nothing where the truck pick up crystal clear stations. what have people done to improve the reception?

yes I have looked behind and it has the wire antenna and yes it is hooked up. I was looking at buying a different antenna but the radio is in the middle of the 5th wheel, so to put an external mount one I would have to find a way behind the cabinets to an outside wall and drill through it, would like to avoid doing this if I can.

Steve

chuckster57
07-26-2019, 08:00 AM
Is the TV coax booster close by? if so you can get an antenna extension that attaches to the booster. If you have that fancy Key TV then your options are limited.

Stircrazy
08-02-2019, 04:23 AM
Is the TV coax booster close by? if so you can get an antenna extension that attaches to the booster. If you have that fancy Key TV then your options are limited.

yes it is, it is about 3 feet away. what is this extension you are talking about?

thanks
Steve

chuckster57
08-02-2019, 08:43 AM
Ill have to look in My tool box when I go back to work. It plugs into the antenna port on the radio and then has a coax connection to hook it to the booster. if you only have a TV2 out then you might need a splitter.

Roscommon48
08-02-2019, 10:49 AM
to begin with, all the rv radio systems i've ever had were terrible to begin with.

your best bet would be to get sirius, use your phone and bluetooth it or get satellite and listen to their radio stations.

but, here you go: https://itstillworks.com/split-fm-signal-antenna-receivers-3067.html

good luck

retiredusps69
08-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Maybe you could buy a cheap am/fm auto antenna and connect it up inside the trailer and see if it gets better reception. Maybe even leave in the wall behind the radio. Better to try before you put a hole in trailer. I hate putting holes in anything on our trailer.I put solar motion detector lights on outside with Velcro. When we pack up I remove them. 3,by door by propane tanks and rear. We even remove and use as a flashlight when walking the dogs.

Stircrazy
08-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Maybe you could buy a cheap am/fm auto antenna and connect it up inside the trailer and see if it gets better reception. Maybe even leave in the wall behind the radio. Better to try before you put a hole in trailer. I hate putting holes in anything on our trailer.I put solar motion detector lights on outside with Velcro. When we pack up I remove them. 3,by door by propane tanks and rear. We even remove and use as a flashlight when walking the dogs.

I actually tried that this last trip, I bought a cheep amplified antenna off amazon that is designed to be stuck to the inside of a window... did make more static where there should have been stations but not enough for them to come in clear. maybe Ill try a better quality one.....

Steve