PDA

View Full Version : Awning repair?

lescarp2
09-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I got a tear in the awning of our 2011 Laredo 303TG. Anyone have a recommendation on the best way to repair it? The tear is about 8" long and it is close to the edge of the awning and near the end of the awning (far end away from the camper).

I see Camping World has awning repair tape and also some awning patch material. Wondering if anyone has experience using either of these products and which would be better for my situation.

JRTJH
09-12-2011, 04:46 PM
We used clear awning repair tape on a small hole that "appeared" in our awning several years ago. It worked well and held until we sold the unit. Gorilla tape also makes a "clear" version which might hold as well or maybe even better than CW's awning tape. I've not tried the Gorilla tape.

shov
07-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Out of curiosity, did you try the tape, or anyone for that matter, and did it hold up? I too have a tear in mine and would rather try and repair before replace for a while...

Hoef
07-06-2015, 05:13 PM
We have not used gorilla tape for this application, but it is our "go-to" product, whenever appropriate. Certainly worth a try... (my $.02 worth, little more)
Good travel, my friend... Hoef

shov
07-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks Hoef! I think I'll be giving it a try. My difficulty is the year is down on the corner seam at the roller. Can't hurt to try I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk