PDA

View Full Version : Piney Campground - Land Between the Lakes

{tpc}
07-26-2019, 04:29 AM
Hi all. Next week we will be staying at piney campground. We were able to secure what appears to be a nice site, but the site says "50 amp" service. Was hoping to see if any members have stayed here before and could tell me if it also has a 30 amp service on the pole as well as 50 amp?

I can't recall ever seeing a pole that only had 50 amp service but I have to think they do exist. Since it seems some form of civilization (with respects to rv supply stores, walmart, etc) are a distance away, I would like to know this information ahead of time so I can get an adapter.

If know one knows I will call the campground, I just feel like they might not know 100% and default to "its only 50 amp" or some statement like that.

rhagfo
07-26-2019, 04:51 AM
Just get a 50 to 30 amp adapter cable, that way it is only a 50 amp receptacle your covered.

{tpc}
07-26-2019, 06:29 AM
It was just becoming a hard to find item. One day I will have all this stuff lol, but usually I don't get it until I need to. A little late now but I was trying to plan ahead this time, though looking at the normal places around here, it seemed no one had any, or at least any dog bone style ones, which I kinda prefer.

At any rate, I spoke to the campground this morning and its all good, they have both 30 and 50 amp on the pole.

German Shepherd Guy
07-26-2019, 06:29 AM
Agree with Russ, you should have one in your kit anyway so it is a "win-win".

travelin texans
07-26-2019, 06:40 AM
Along with the 50 to 30 it's also handy to have a 15 to 30 & a 30 to 15 then you're covered for about any situation.

JRTJH
07-26-2019, 06:45 PM
When staying on a site with dual amperage plugs, I prefer to use the 50 amp adapter and plug my 30 amp trailer into the 50 amp campground outlet. That way, I accomplish several things. First, up till now, there are more 30 amp trailers so the pins in the 30 amp plugs tend to be more pitted, worn and can cause arcing and heat buildup in the pins on the trailer shore power cord. The 50 amp plugs don't see as much use, and I can protect my shore power cord plug by using an adapter that's cheap to replace rather than replacing the shore power cord or "hacking off the end" both of which are not acceptable to me.

And, the best for last part: By plugging into the 50 amp campground outlet, ALL potentials for a blown circuit breaker when DW (or even me) overload the power, are INSIDE the trailer, so no more "get dressed and walk outside with a flash light to turn power back on during the rainstorm.....

kksfish
07-27-2019, 03:28 AM
I do the same as John in that I always use the 50 AMP connections but I go one step further and every other use I smear a tiny amount of dielectric grease on the cord prongs.

cmsmith22
08-02-2019, 05:44 PM
We were camphosts at Piney camp ground. The 50amp sites are 59 and 30 hookups. You use be staying on dogwood loop. It is a wonderful camp ground. Enjoy your time.

{tpc}
08-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Yes, dogwood loop, site 2. Was pretty good time, despite a few skunks running around lol....managed to avoid them. Was going to buy a 30 amp to 50 amp adapter because when we got there, I put everything on AC (fridge, water heater) and kept popping the breaker. Switched them both to gas, and didn't have any problems.

The camp store was out of the adapters or I would have bought one there. Great place though, clean, secure. My only complaint, and it didn't really matter but no soap in the restrooms? lol

cmsmith22
08-07-2019, 06:16 PM
I got really used to the skunks. Glad you had a good visit.

Fredcook
08-13-2019, 02:07 AM
We stayed there on the water and our site had both. But i will tell you that we have found several campgrounds with 50 only and had to get an adapter. Im sure i am late on this reply and i hope you enjoyed your time at piney we really like that area and campground.