PDA

View Full Version : Turn off Outside speakers

Hal Anderson
07-22-2019, 11:35 AM
How do we turn off the outside speakers on our 2017 Outback 21OURS when we only want music inside? :banghead:

wobly
07-22-2019, 11:51 AM
On your audio console, do you have "Speaker 1, Speaker 2" or "Speaker A, Speaker B"?

Usually, you will have 1, 2 or 3 sets of speakers. You should be able to turn them on/off by selecting the correct set.

MarkEHansen
07-22-2019, 11:56 AM
We have a Furrion unit and it always comes on (after applying power to the trailer) with both sets of speakers on. I would like to find a way to change that "default" :)

Hal Anderson
07-22-2019, 11:58 AM
On your audio console, do you have "Speaker 1, Speaker 2" or "Speaker A, Speaker B"?

Usually, you will have 1, 2 or 3 sets of speakers. You should be able to turn them on/off by selecting the correct set.
The radio DVD player is a Jensen model but there is no information in the manual concerning speakers.

MarkEHansen
07-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Look on the front display of the unit and see if you see any indicators which look like "1 and 2" or "A and B", etc. Then, there's probably a button on the front panel which toggles these. On the Furion unit, they're referred to as Zones.

sourdough
07-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Does the receiver look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Jensen-AWM968-AM-FM-Radio/dp/B00E477IC8/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=jensen+rv+receiver&qid=1563831543&s=gateway&sr=8-2

If so, look at the top row of buttons to the left of the dial; those are the selectors for the speaker zones.

Hal Anderson
07-22-2019, 02:26 PM
No that is not the Jensen Receiver in our trailer, I have looked at every button, dial and the manual, nothing on speaker zones.

NH_Bulldog
07-22-2019, 02:28 PM
Zone 1 and Zone 2? What model Jensen is it? This is the model in mine

wobly
07-22-2019, 02:38 PM
If it looks like this.... https://www.amazon.com/ASA-JDVD1500-AM-FM-Radio/dp/B019QH6UJW/ref=asc_df_B019QH6UJW/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242029049757&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15629870190820206279&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9029020&hvtargid=pla-568327922336&psc=1

....then these are the only instructions I found in the manual...
"Audio Menu
Press the
volume control knob 3 ) to access the audio menu. You can navigate through the
audio menu items by pressing the volume control button repeatedly. Once the desired menu
item appears on the display, adjust that option by turning the volume control knob within 5
seconds. The unit will automatically exit the audio menu after 5 seconds of inactivity. The
following menu items can be adjusted.
Bass Level
Rotate
the volume control knob 3 ) to adju st the Bass level range from “ 7 ” to 7
Treble Level
Rotate
the volume control knob 3 ) to adjust the Treble level range from “ 7 ” to 7
Balan
ce
Adjusting Balance controls the relative level between the left and right speakers in each pair.
Rotate
the volume control knob 3 ) to adjust the Balance between the left and right speakers
from “R 7” (full right) to “L 7” (full left). “0” represents an equal balance between the right and left
speakers.
Fader
Adjusting Fade controls the relative level between the front and rear speaker pairs.
Rotate the
volume control knob 3 ) to adjust the Fader between the rear and front speakers “R 7” (full rear)
to “F 7” (full front). “0” represents an equal balance between the front and rear speakers."

https://www.asaelectronics.com/downloads/dl/file/id/757/jdvd1500_owners_manual.pdf

It looks like you might have to set the outside speakers at 0 to turn them off with the fader or balance.

Hal Anderson
07-22-2019, 02:58 PM
That worked, I adjusted the Fader to Max 7 and that eliminated the sound going to the outside speakers. Thanks problem solved.

sourdough
07-22-2019, 03:00 PM
I looked at the description and the physical unit and I don't think you have the option of selecting multiple sets of pictures - just up to 8 speakers off the unit (non selectable).

How are your speakers set up? How many do you have inside/where and outside? You can adjust L/R and Fade F/R. If you have 4 speakers in the living area you may not want to give up one of those functions so that you can adjust them. In that case I would pull it and disconnect the outside speakers (I've never used mine). If you use them then you might need to put all 4 interior speakers on front or rear and use the other for the outside speakers and set the fade to 0. I don't think you want to give up the balance (L/R) because lots of movies use that feature to provide more sound depth.

Edit: Whoops! Didn't see the previous post that cured it. Sounds like we were both on the same track.

JBCayman
08-05-2020, 01:43 PM
If this is a Jensen Head unit (radio/cd player)....press the right button until you get to balance. From there, you’ll select either R or L. Basically, think if it as if you are in your car and you want the volume in the back and not the front. Same applies here. That fixed it for us. We have a 2020 240urs Outback Lite. Im trying to figure out the bluetooth paring still.

Its a design flaw. They should have it here you press “outside/inside/both” for speakers. Just say’n 🤷🏻*♂️

JBCayman
08-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Just saw Sourdoughs response. Did the same thing..lol