PDA

View Full Version : Radio

dgl1948
07-21-2019, 08:21 PM
I have owned four fifth wheel campers. I have yet to have one that would pick up local radio stations that you could listen to. There is always so much static and interference that they are useless. Has anyone found a solution.

pikespeakviewer
07-21-2019, 08:31 PM
We've had success at streaming Sirius or another radio app from our cellphones to the bluetooth speakers (when wifi is decent).

Pull Toy
07-22-2019, 03:05 AM
If you look behind the radio, you will probably find a ball of wire that is supposed to pass as an antenna. Not much better, but you can try stretching the wire out. Some campers might have the rooftop TV antenna wired to the radio, if this is the case, you might have to turn on the amplifier.

I have found for the best results possible, the answer is an aftermarket automotive antenna from Wal-Mart's or others. Try hiding it behind the sofa, or inside a cabinet before you drill holes. It usually works pretty well.

Good Luck,

retiredusps69
07-22-2019, 08:57 AM
I have another brand of trailer the antenna was just coiled up and left behind the radio.We live in NY metro area only able to get about 5 stations before. Now more than I can count.I uncoiled and mounted it in a cabinet next to it.

Roscommon48
07-22-2019, 12:32 PM
static is usually the AM stations.

anyway, get in back of the radio and make sure you have a antenna.

dgl1948
07-24-2019, 04:38 AM
There is an external antenna on my unit that the radio is hooked to. On my previous trailer I had an external antenna put on the radio and that changed nothing. The only thing these radios are good for is static.

AbHDToyHauler
07-24-2019, 11:03 AM
I don't have any issues getting radio stations here in Canada often only AM in the rural area's but lots of stations! Fm works pretty well too when within range of bigger centers that have FM stations. My guess is the antenna as stated above.