PDA

View Full Version : GFCI Circuit

Karyn Felt
07-18-2019, 07:58 AM
My husband and I purchased a 2005 Keystone Laredo Travel Trailer and have some electric issues. We have looked high and low for the GFCI outlet and can not find it. Can someone help us? Thank you.

JRTJH
07-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Typically, there are two common locations. The galley plugs (look up under the overhead cabinets for a plug) and in the bathroom wall plug.

Surferbill
07-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Try the bathroom

Logan X
07-18-2019, 08:07 AM
In my trailer, there are four GFCI outlets but the only one with the test/reset button is in the bathroom. The other GFCI outlets are on the same circuit but they look like normal outlets. When the GFCI pops, all four outlets stop working.

Karyn Felt
07-18-2019, 08:16 AM
We have two outlets under the kitchen cabinets and they are both dead - neither has a reset button. There is one on the side of the sink cabinet in the bathroom and it's a regular outlet and it is dead. I called Keystone and she told me to look under the sink... I haven't gotten out there yet. We know there is one out there somewhere...just can't think where else to look.

66joej
07-18-2019, 08:24 AM
I had an '05 Laredo 5er and the GFCI reset was on the outside receptacle.

Karyn Felt
07-18-2019, 08:44 AM
We have the outside outlet but there is no reset button.

Karyn Felt
07-18-2019, 08:45 AM
I went out and looked under the sink and there is nothing. :( I don't know where else to look... it's getting pretty frustrating knowing there has to be one and not being able to find it.

KeithInUpstateNY
07-18-2019, 09:42 AM
Long shot based on other replies and your responses, have you checked to see if you have a GFCI breaker instead of an outlet that controls the circuit? A GFCI breaker will have a reset button on it the same as a GFCI outlet.

Another long shot, based on a couple of video tours of your model I watched, have you checked the outlet for the television? It swivels to the outside, so water could be a concern at that outlet as well.

Good luck.

Karyn Felt
07-18-2019, 10:08 AM
All the breakers are good and there isn't a GFCI breaker. Still looking....:banghead:

MarkEHansen
07-18-2019, 10:50 AM
How about the outlet into which the fridge is plugged? This outlet is in the GFCI circuit so perhaps they put the master outlet there?

Karyn Felt
07-18-2019, 01:26 PM
Thanks, we will look tonight.

Karyn Felt
07-18-2019, 01:47 PM
I called my husband and mentioned that to him about the refrigerator outlet and he said that it wasn't the GFCI outlet and that the outlet doesn't have power either.

Frank G
07-18-2019, 02:16 PM
I know you are frustrated, Slow down, take a flashlight and cover each room, outside, basement, water compartment. There is one somewhere.

Karyn Felt
07-18-2019, 02:17 PM
I got on another forum where someone had posted that they couldn't find their GFCI outlet and another person posted to look under the extended kitchen counter... and guess what!! I found it!!!!! Thank you everyone for posting with your ideas of where to look for it. HAPPY FACE!!!

ctbruce
07-18-2019, 02:32 PM
And now we all know another place to look. Thanks for following back up with the solution.

Larrystegall
07-19-2019, 08:45 AM
Back to basics. Did you hear a click when the receptacles stopped working, or was it dead from the "get-go"? If it was always dead, flip all 20 amp breakers off and back on. Factory may have missed the GFCI device and it tripped from overload if it died in service.
Check the closets, the device could be in the washer closet or charging station in the master closet. Oops! Late to the party and no beer left. Sigh.......

LHaven
07-19-2019, 12:47 PM
All the breakers are good and there isn't a GFCI breaker. Still looking....:banghead:

Wow, this must be frustrating.

If any breaker has a pushbutton on it, it's a GFCI breaker. Turn it all the way off (all the way, hard, until it audibly snaps!) and then back on to reset.

If no breaker has a pushbutton on it, then the GFCI is provided by the first outlet in the chain, which is most likely to be the nearest outlet to the breaker box. (As someone else mentioned, sometimes this can be the outdoor outlet.) It will have a reset button in the middle.

GFCI is required wherever there is water, which in practice usually means kitchens, baths, and outdoors. There has to be at least one GFCI breaker or buttoned outlet in your rig.

Use these rules to inform your search.

ctbruce
07-19-2019, 01:51 PM
The OP has solved their issue.
See post #15.

tmason
07-25-2019, 07:50 AM
Logan X

You only have 1 gfci outlet the others that look like regular outlets but are marked gfci are the one's protected by the actual gfci outlet

Cardcathrn
07-25-2019, 08:10 AM
all my kitchen ones etc all work off the bathroom which is where the tester is. I have had to go to the electric box at campground and at home before as well. so check where your power is coming from too

Cardcathrn
07-25-2019, 08:12 AM
sorry I did not see all the replies. I guess problem fixed! Good

03hogrdr
07-25-2019, 10:50 AM
They are normally in the bathroom, if not there then maybe in the kitchen.

Nitehawk
07-26-2019, 05:25 AM
I found one for a friend connected to the fridge outlet.. open up the outside vent take a look there. If not usually the washroom plug is the first of the series. Verify if you have good connection on the terminals at that locations

elderhutch
07-26-2019, 09:27 AM
G'morning. I also have a Keystone [2005 Challenger], mine has 2 that I know of. One in bathroom above the sink and second one just on the drawer panel by the kitchen sink.