PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

rorielly
07-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone.

New to RVing but learning as much as possible as time goes. Hoping this forum will help! When I picked up my trailer, the dealership didn’t open the bypass valve so I was at a campsite scratching my head why I didn’t have hot water. Managed to figure it out. Just figured out where the water pump is and what kind of roof membrane I have. I still have to learn how to service my brakes, wheel bearings, check for caulking cracks and how to do the general caulking maintenance. It’s a little overwhelming. It’s sad, but I’m already thinking about the winterization process in July!

I’ve taken 4 weekend camping trips so far, which has helped immensely in getting used to things, but I’m 2 weeks I’m heading on a trip from Montreal Quebec to St. John’s Newfoundland!

sourdough
07-15-2019, 03:24 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's not as daunting as it sounds and getting out and using the trailer will get you familiar with the various piece parts pretty quickly. Winterizing is simple and doesn't take long so don't start worrying about it just yet. ;)

Snoking
07-15-2019, 04:06 PM
We always have our first night in a new camper next to the house!!!! And try to check out all the systems, with a retreat pad close at hand. Chris

Chris P
07-15-2019, 04:40 PM
The more trips, the more fun, Congratulations and Welcome to the forum from New Jersey

Gegrad
07-15-2019, 05:02 PM
Welcome from Pennsylvania and enjoy the new rig!

RWRiley
07-15-2019, 05:19 PM
There is nothing better than getting out and using your camper to learn the ropes. Camper forums like this one are a great place to gain knowledge. I also find most campers willing to talk about RV'ing around the campfire.

newemptynester
07-16-2019, 04:31 AM
Welcome from Michigan. You will be a pro before you know it. Winterizing is not that hard so don't fret it now. Enjoy the season while you can - as you know, we who live in the north, have a very short season - camp and enjoy while you can.

German Shepherd Guy
07-16-2019, 07:34 AM
Welcome to the site!
Advise I have gotten here has been truly enlightening.
Enjoy the new camper, winterizing is easy once learned, and the hardest part is that pesky hot water cut off valve which you already know about.
Oak

Pull Toy
07-17-2019, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the group from Connecticut!

Lots of great folks here, with lots of knowledge, and experience!

Good Luck,

JimQ
07-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Congrats on the Hideout and welcome to this awesome forum!

1tenor
07-18-2019, 04:44 AM
Welcome to the fun world of being an RV owner. Never a dull minute for sure.