PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern CT to the Poconos PA

Thomasbeau
07-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Howdy folks,

The DW and I are planning to take a trip to the Poconos the first week of October this fall. We are staying at Otter Lake Campground and they have the following directions posted on their website...

From I-84, Take the Milford exit to Route 6 West. Take Route 209 South to Marshalls Creek. Make a right onto Route 402 North. In 100 feet, bear left onto Marshalls Creek Road. Otter Lake is 7 miles from there.

From our area I-84 makes sense but when looking at the map Route 209 looks to be going through mountains and forest. Is this an advisable route when pulling our 33ft 5th wheel? Is it better to travel a short amount further on I-84 and just avoid the Delaware Water Gap area?

Thanks,

Tom and Ann

TomD1
08-03-2019, 05:00 PM
We just drove I-84 from Hartford CT to Scranton PA. It will be a long time before I get back on that HWY again. Listen to the campground, they are usually pretty accurate.

Pull Toy
08-04-2019, 04:11 AM
The campground usually knows best. Double check with them, if in doubt.

Good Luck,

Troutbound1
08-22-2019, 04:01 AM
Route 209 is the main route through the eastern poconos. You will have no issues traveling south from Milford to Marshall's creek. I have lived in this area for the past 26 years,if you want any more info let me know.

Thomasbeau
08-22-2019, 05:01 AM
Thanks a bunch for the reply. I really appreciate the first hand information. Should I have any further questions I'll be certain to toss them your way.

Thanks again,

Tom and Ann