PDA

View Full Version : Incommand malfunction on battery flashing locked unlocked

miaoreo
07-14-2019, 10:21 PM
2018 Alpine 5th wheel... all of a sudden,warm weather, plugged into pickup which is running, but.. when on battery power, the Travel lock touch button flashes locked... unlocked... locked .... unlocked and refuses to respond. This prevents me from putting out the hydraulic slides... and there does not appear to be any override switches on the hydraulic pump...
The screen seems to be normal otherwise... showing 13.4 to 13.6 volts and you can turn the lights on and off... but the 'travel Lockout" will not operate.
I have tried turning the system off.. waiting and turning it back on. To no avail....
Is there a manual over ride on the pump? And what would be causing this problem? It works fine when plugged into shore power..

Thanks for any advise.

Racebug
07-15-2019, 04:50 AM
any chance your flashers were on? Mine does that when I am checking my lights.

ChuckS
07-15-2019, 05:43 AM
Disconnect fifth wheel plug from TV. Do a reset on BCM.

You don’t need tow vehicle 12 volt power to run hydraulics on your Alpine.

Yes... there is a manual over ride for both slides and levelers. But I’d address BCM issue first.

miaoreo
07-15-2019, 05:51 AM
any chance your flashers were on? Mine does that when I am checking my lights.

YES.... the flashers were on!!!!!:banghead:

Racebug
07-15-2019, 06:12 AM
I did the same thing a few weeks ago ! hahaha

miaoreo
07-15-2019, 06:59 AM
And I reset the BCM by unplugging all power and battery disconnect, correct?

miaoreo
07-15-2019, 07:00 AM
Question then would be.. WHY would the truck flashers affect the DC?

Racebug
07-15-2019, 07:48 AM
My guess is that they use the signal from bake lights or turn signal to initiate travel lock out.

Racebug
07-15-2019, 07:51 AM
I unlock mine once after the truck is plugged in so I can start the generator from my phone a half hour before we arrive with a cooled off camper. You shouldn't need to do a reset.

miaoreo
07-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Disconnect fifth wheel plug from TV. Do a reset on BCM.

You don’t need tow vehicle 12 volt power to run hydraulics on your Alpine.

Yes... there is a manual over ride for both slides and levelers. But I’d address BCM issue first.

OK, it IS the flashers that are causing the issue....
Now how do you do a manual over ride for the slides and levelers please?

MarkEHansen
07-15-2019, 11:38 AM
It's on the BCM. Take the cover off and look at the controls on it. There will be a selector knob from which you can select the item to move (like slide, awning, etc.) and then In and Out buttons. I haven't tried these on mine yet, but I looked at the controller board to make sure I knew where they were at.

miaoreo
07-15-2019, 11:43 AM
It's on the BCM. Take the cover off and look at the controls on it. There will be a selector knob from which you can select the item to move (like slide, awning, etc.) and then In and Out buttons. I haven't tried these on mine yet, but I looked at the controller board to make sure I knew where they were at.

Mark thank you for the reply... but NONE of the controls on my BCM work the hydraulics.... only electrical... the book says the hydraulic override is on the pump itself... but I don't see anything. :ermm:

ChuckS
07-15-2019, 12:34 PM
The controls on the BCM for hydraulic slide outs and six point hyd leveling system do absolutely nothing

Lippert has a manual over ride procedure in their various manuals but personally it is lacking in description....

I put this PDF together a few months ago for some folks on another group.

It’s not perfect but will surely give you more insight

My fifth wheel is an Alpine ... procedure will work on any Lippert hydraulic slide out and six point hyd leveling system. Location of solenoid for front LG may be on left front but most as on passenger side

ChuckS
07-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Lippert hydraulic slide out and level up manual over ride steps...

miaoreo
07-15-2019, 12:54 PM
The controls on the BCM for hydraulic slide outs and six point hyd leveling system do absolutely nothing

Lippert has a manual over ride procedure in their various manuals but personally it is lacking in description....

I put this PDF together a few months ago for some folks on another group.

It’s not perfect but will surely give you more insight

My fifth wheel is an Alpine ... procedure will work on any Lippert hydraulic slide out and six point hyd leveling system. Location of solenoid for front LG may be on left front but most as on passenger side

WOW.... thank you... It certainly does not look easy, and I hope I never have to do it this way. But at least now I know the procedure!