PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished Maiden Voyage 24RKPR

RWRiley
07-14-2019, 03:26 PM
1st time out with our TT to Kane County, Illinois to get together with the family. All in all a good trip. Here are some of things I liked and didn't like.

Things I liked:

#1. My Truck handled the rig well (2019 Tahoe/Max Trailer Pack, Reese WD over center bar hitch). I did NOT get sucked in by the big trucks, but did feel a little bit of movement when hit with wind from the side. I'm thinking about a Reese Dual Cam. I've had the dual cam before and liked it. The truck pulled it well, and STOPPED it well.

#2. I have the 15,000 air conditioning upgrade and glad I had it. Hot and Humid all weekend.

#3. The mattress was very comfortable. I slept good.

#4. The BAL 5.1 system is wonderful. I love having all that control from 1 spot, and I don't have to crank on anything :)

Things I didn't like (really only 1 thing)

#!. Disappointed in the KeyTV. Channel reception was poor at best. Daughter was right next to me with the old school crank up antenna w/manual booster, and it outperformed mine.

Somebody (dealer or factory) left the Black and both grey water valves open. Lucky I figured that out before I used it. I would have been pi$$ed had I got the the dump station and popped off the cap. But, Not a problem with the coach.

Now back to the dealer for a high velocity fan for the vent in the kitchen, and a battery disconnect.

Time to start planning for a Minnesota and U/P trip.

Rich

LHaven
07-14-2019, 03:41 PM
#!. Disappointed in the KeyTV. Channel reception was poor at best. Daughter was right next to me with the old school crank up antenna w/manual booster, and it outperformed mine.

Does the KeyTV come with an omni (un-aimable) antenna? I've found the same disappointment with my (non-Key) Winegard 3000. It's "OK," but not great. The good news is that you don't have to aim it to get *something*. The bad news is that you can't aim it to get the best performance.

RWRiley
07-14-2019, 04:32 PM
I can't rotate it. It's fixed.

gregrc75
07-15-2019, 05:14 AM
I replaced the antenna on my 2018 Premier with the classic crank up. Much better reception and more channels.