PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control 3.0 rear leg motor leaking oil?

MarkEHansen
07-13-2019, 10:20 AM
We have a 2019 Cougar Half-ton 26RBSWE with Ground Control 3.0 4-point electric leveling system. While at the trailer today, we noticed oil dripping onto the left-rear ground pad.

The oil appears to be dripping from the electric motor. In the attached picture, the oil seems to be coming from underneath the white band covering the top of the motor, then dripping down along the side of the motor casing and then off the bottom of the motor.

Is this an issue similar to the slide motors dripping oil? I assume this will be covered under warranty so I plan to call my dealer and set up an appointment.

I'm hoping I can continue to use the auto-level even with this leak, as I'm guessing I won't be able to get the dealer to look at it for some time.

Any advice?

chuckster57
07-13-2019, 12:17 PM
How hot is it? The grease may be melting in the heat. I wouldn’t worry too much, take a picture, send it to your dealer and have them order one under warranty. I’m the meantime use your trailer and all the GC 3.0 features.

MarkEHansen
07-13-2019, 12:45 PM
I'm in Sacramento, so upper 90s these days. Thanks for the comments.

Frank G
07-13-2019, 02:31 PM
I just read the service manual and there is a rubber plug on top of the jack. This is provided for access to manually extend or lower the jack. There is a second location on the bottom of the motor for the same purpose. I would think the rubber plug on top of the jack is missing or venting excess lubrication. A quick check with one's finger would tell the story.

MarkEHansen
07-13-2019, 03:26 PM
Can you please share this service manual with me?

Frank G
07-13-2019, 05:51 PM
Here we go;
https://support.lci1.com/master-manuals
Master Owner Manuals-Towable
Ground Control 3 (5th wheels) 4 to 6 Point
Pg 199

The "Master Owner's Manual - Towable" covers allmost every system LCI makes for towable's.

Here is additional Information.
https://support.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0-support-ground-control-3.0-onecontrol-touch-panel

MarkEHansen
07-14-2019, 04:51 AM
Thanks, Frank. I thought you were referring to a service manual. I have the Lippert master owner's manual. Our GC3.0 actually begins on page 210 of that manual. We have the "Ground Control TT Leveling System", but the point you made is well taken - I'll check the rubber plugs to make sure they are in place.