PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV hookup (STUPID QUESTION)

wiredgeorge
07-09-2019, 12:57 PM
I have a 2002 trailer. It has ONE (repeat one) coax input on the outside near the rear on the driver side. I have always assumed CATV. Went camping a week ago and it was the first time we had camped in a park with CATV. Hooked up a piece of RG6 to the coax input. I "ASSUMED" it came out on the same connector as the OTA TV. Tried it with booster and then without booster. No signal. The OTA tv works great. Just curious on what I might have done wrong. I tried various TV settings but since I am getting old and electronics seem to be a bit of a mystery, that might be the problem? My wife got sick of me fumbling with the remote so I went out and put up our Dish antenna and we had great TV all weekend. The cable at the park only had about 8 channels anyway...

DocP
07-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Did you change your television input setting to "Cable TV" and then do a scan for available channels? Also, booster should be off.

wiredgeorge
07-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Guess you are going to force me to find a youtube video or (ARGH) the original manual that came with the TV... not sure how to set it to CABLE and since there is no longer a catv source to play with, guess it will have to wait. THanks wg

sourdough
07-09-2019, 03:24 PM
On mine you just go to settings and I believe source and it gives you a list of the various inputs. I will say the first time I tried to set mine up I just called the tech dept. of the folks that made mine and they walked me thru it. Mine is a Vizio.