PDA

View Full Version : icemaker

Randallf
07-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Having trouble with icemaker in my 2017 sprinter fifthwheel.
after lots of chating ,making phone calls it seems to me my icemaker isn't working properly. I do have water in the lines but not going into the ice maker
Yes it is out of warrenty and so far the price i got to come and look at is 125.00
Thats not reparing it or replaceing it.
Anyone, have trouble with there's and if so what did you do to fix it.?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Randallf

Pull Toy
07-08-2019, 03:00 AM
Did it ever work? Is there a water shutoff for the icemaker? More info as to make and model would probably help. Most icemakers that I have used also have a way of shutting off the icemaker when the ice container is full. Is this functioning?

Also you could try a new filter, I know that is what fixed my icemaker at home.

Good Luck,

JRTJH
07-08-2019, 06:00 AM
There are two water valves on the ice maker water line. One is usually under the sink the other is usually behind/beside the refrigerator. The reason for two is so you can shut off the ice maker water line BEFORE it goes under the trailer and also shut it off where it comes back up, into the slide. That ensures the "unprotected, cold exposed" part of the ice maker water line doesn't freeze during winter use and prevents antifreeze from entering the ice maker, something that would likely damage the metal parts through the winter storage.

There is also a "moving arm" on the ice maker that prevents it from making/dumping ice when the bin is full. That arm should be down, not fully extended (up) to activate the ice maker.