PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Texas

1Texan
09-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Hello,
I've been lurking on the site since May, trying to pick up on some information. I sold my Keystone Outback 26RLS in May and we are almost 100% sold on the Cougar 26SAB. Love the floor plan. Going to the Dallas RV show next week. Just bought a 2011 GMC 1500 4X4 with max tow package. Just posted a question in Towing thread. Noticed Flyguy has the same setup as I'm thinking. Looking for advice. Will be checking in often.
1Texan (semi-retired and wife)

hankpage
09-09-2011, 12:31 PM
:wave: Welcome to the forum. As for Flyguy, I believe he pulls with a Tundra. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with your upgrade, Hank

North Texas Camper
09-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Welcome from another Texan. We purchased our Laredo from the RV Show last February at Dallas Market Hall.

We really love our camper and I come here often to look for ideas and things to look out for.

wgb1
09-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Just a word about the show. My wife and I went to the Dallas show last year and almost purchased a Bullet. I got discouraged by the way we were being treated by the slimy dealer at the show. I found the same trailer at a dealer in Nacogdoches a week later at a tremendously better price and a dealer that was so nice it was like we had been friends for a long time. Never tried to sell us any extras and zero pressure. We saved around 1500 - 1700 by not buying at the show. Funny thing was the show dealer kept telling us we were getting manufacturer incentives and special show pricing that we would not get anywhere else or any other time of the year. HA!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!