PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing today?

ctbruce
07-05-2019, 08:48 AM
Sitting here at the Lake of the Ozarks on my deck watching it rain...again. At least the temp is pleasant.

What are you doing?22665

Laredo Tugger
07-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Getting ready and packing for a cross country trip to CA, leaving early next week. We have a 3 day stop in Flagstaff next weekend. Before I leave I will take a peek over the mountain with binoculars. If I see miles of desert,will probably proceed. If I see girls in bathing suits on a newly formed beach, well, may have to make a change of plans.
Not sure what is happening out there in CA. Just the normal rumblings and shakes,I hope.
RMc

chuckster57
07-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Doing what I do most days- making dreams come true 1 RV at a time.

FlyingAroundRV
07-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Getting ready to board the big silver bird tomorrow to be reuinted with our TT and TV!
One more sleep...
Oshkosh here we come

LHaven
07-05-2019, 02:25 PM
Chopping some pavers into the caliche for under the tires where we park our RV.

Kojac
07-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Replaced old tires for Goodyear Endurance, hopefully most of the reviews are accurate about performance and dependability?

roadglide
07-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Leaving from Nashville after a week stay over the forth of july going to North Carolina to COE grounds.

Pull Toy
07-05-2019, 03:29 PM
Back to work again.... Thank G-D I love my job!

Camped last week in the rain, 8 days out of ten. If it had been a warm rain, I'd have on my SPEEDO, climbed up on the roof, and given the neighbors a show washing the roof! But the best part was time together with my sweetie of 24 years, and our two mini schnauzers.

Life is good, camping makes it better!

Good Luck,

Harleydodge
07-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Sweating...

notanlines
07-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Headed to Reds in Chetek for a couple cold ones and hot wings with DW. Yes, REAL hot wings, not fried chicken with girly-man sauce.

kjohn
07-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Holed up in Yellowknife, NWT, Canada, at the Fred Henne Territorial CG. Took my Honey downtown to poke around. I am nursing an arthritic lesion or "spur" somewhere near the lower right side of my hip/back, so no gymnastics for me.

Booked here for three nights, then back south and likely stay at Fort Providence CG for a night or two. We have two weeks before we have to be anywhere particular, and even then it will be a relaxing time.

Poor guy next to me has a huge 5th wheel, and told me at the water stand that he forgot to drain his hot water tank last Fall. :banghead:

Long story made short - didn't do much! :)

sourdough
07-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Locked in! Having house painted (just finished). SUV in shop for hail damage (came out yesterday). Truck goes into body shop Mon. because the dealership bent in the back quarter panel while completing a recall on the steering linkage?? Leave Fri. morning for Lake Whitney for 3 days. Just got the trailer back after a full wax/oxidation removal (and them fixing everything they broke while doing it). Painting trim on shed that I told the painter to ignore tomorrow and then moving to the RV barn to fabricate new J panel supports for our next trip. And....and.....we WILL get out of here soon I hope. But, we spend August in Pagosa so despite my optimism, I keep dragging all of this stuff around with me. :facepalm:

roadglide
07-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Locked in! Having house painted (just finished). SUV in shop for hail damage (came out yesterday). Truck goes into body shop Mon. because the dealership bent in the back quarter panel while completing a recall on the steering linkage?? Leave Fri. morning for Lake Whitney for 3 days. Just got the trailer back after a full wax/oxidation removal (and them fixing everything they broke while doing it). Painting trim on shed that I told the painter to ignore tomorrow and then moving to the RV barn to fabricate new J panel supports for our next trip. And....and.....we WILL get out of here soon I hope. But, we spend August in Pagosa so despite my optimism, I keep dragging all of this stuff around with me. :facepalm: Danny while you are in pagosa look into the toltec Chama train ride the best bang for the buck.

sourdough
07-05-2019, 07:41 PM
Danny while you are in pagosa look into the toltec Chama train ride the best bang for the buck.

Thanks. We've gone there for years and never took the train ride. I keep telling DW we need to just do it - it sounds like a ton of fun.

Gegrad
07-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Spent yesterday doing a hike up to an overlook site here at Lake Tahoe, then had a late lunch in town, then relaxed at the house we are renting with my family and watched a movie in the evening after the kiddos went to bed.

jsmith948
07-06-2019, 06:55 AM
Washed and waxed the trailer - trying to stay ahead of our brutal valley sun.
Then last night, while watching some t.v., rode the roller coaster that hit about 8:15. Rocked and rolled pretty good for about 20 or 30 seconds. Centered down in Ridgecrest but still gave us a good shake. Glad to report that the Ground Control 3.0 held up just fine:D

n1282x
07-14-2019, 07:53 AM
I am at Camp Schooler EAA airventure 2019

TJTx
07-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Sitting in our beautiful Alpine 5er in Tyler State Park with DW, daughter, and 3 fur babies. We are getting some light outermost bands of rain from Barry, but are enjoying the luxury of this RV. Who says nature can’t be defeated.😎

DucBill
07-14-2019, 12:24 PM
Enjoying our stay in Tahoe in our Keystone2280022801

FlyingAroundRV
07-14-2019, 01:42 PM
We will be arriving tomorrow morning. Whereare you camped? We'll come and say G'day. Do you have a forums sticker on your rig? We do. Look for ours on our Outback.

Harleydodge
07-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Wow! Already??
See you next weekend maybe.

LHaven
07-14-2019, 02:34 PM
Spending my last day of a three-week wait for my spare tire bracket (bolt-hole rounded by a factory cross-threaded carriage bolt) and my spare wheel (damaged by the dealer in removing the cross-threaded bolt) to be available for pickup so we can take our trailer out again. :yawn:

NorthwestGuy
07-14-2019, 08:03 PM
We are heading out in the morning to Ft Flagler State Park on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington for the week for some salmon fishing, clamming and dungenous crab catching with a few beers to go with it and a lot of sitting around relaxing in between.

newemptynester
07-16-2019, 05:47 AM
Finishing my work week so we can take off for 10 days of no phones or family drama. Just DH and happy puppy. We have a great campsite with nobody on our left side but a lot of trees.

ADQ K9
07-17-2019, 09:23 AM
Sitting here at the Baycrest KOA in Homer Alaska waiting for everyone to wake up. Already took the dogs for the morning walk Still on my first cup of coffee. Came from Seward AK yesterday through fire and rain. Made it here and set up in a downpour. Now nice and sunny. Probably hit the Pratt Museum and The Spit today.

{tpc}
07-17-2019, 10:35 AM
Sitting here pondering about how in roughly 2 hours I will be hoping its just this heat/humidity I will be dealing with as I attempt to set up a 5 room tent in my backyard to see if it will still be usable for this weekend. I hope it doesn't rain.

No...it won't be me that's using it lol.

LHaven
07-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Paid a $40K ticket from the Forum Weight Police. Now I'm within all my tow numbers.

{tpc}
07-18-2019, 04:05 AM
Nice upgrade as I can see from your sig...

notanlines
07-18-2019, 04:13 AM
CD, congrat's on the new TV!
Mike, headed out for Halibut? That and all the 'loose moose' were the highlight of our Homer time.
Tony, better you than me. Our tent time is over. We still have two good tents, but only for the grand girls to borrow!

newemptynester
07-18-2019, 04:55 AM
The day is here. As soon as I get out of work - we are gone!!!!! It's gonna be HOT but well worth sitting at home.

JRTJH
07-18-2019, 06:49 AM
We were leaving tomorrow morning to triple tow to eastern Ohio, set up camp there and ride the Slingshot to Niagara Falls for a couple of days. Well, with the temps forecast for "over 100F from here to there," we decided to skip the "self abuse" and stay home where we know the A/C will keep us cool. We'll reschedule that trip for a few weeks from now.

As soon as DW told her sister of our "new plans" we had two phone calls wanting to "borrow a bedroom for the weekend" so we've now got "downstate visitors on the way".... It's hell to live in a resort area <sigh>

Northofu1
07-18-2019, 07:56 AM
Cleaned a/c filter, sealed two mouse holes with steel wool, reinstalled furnace after checking sail switch (Was dirty). Adjusted dinette slide, one side didn't close as tight as the other. screened furnace burner exhaust. Ran the a/c to make sure it worked, was too hot to work inside. just relaxing waiting for next trip in august, feels like a long time to wait.

ctbruce
07-18-2019, 03:00 PM
Cleaned a/c filter, sealed two mouse holes with steel wool, reinstalled furnace after checking sail switch (Was dirty). Adjusted dinette slide, one side didn't close as tight as the other. screened furnace burner exhaust. Ran the a/c to make sure it worked, was too hot to work inside. just relaxing waiting for next trip in august, feels like a long time to wait.Must be a LOT cooler in Canada, 'eh?

Northofu1
07-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Oh ya, tomorrow is going to be 91° and with humidity 113°.
This province probably has the widest range of weather in Canada. :)

Harleydodge
07-19-2019, 03:05 AM
We were leaving tomorrow morning to triple tow to eastern Ohio, set up camp there and ride the Slingshot to Niagara Falls for a couple of days. Well, with the temps forecast for "over 100F from here to there," we decided to skip the "self abuse" and stay home where we know the A/C will keep us cool. We'll reschedule that trip for a few weeks from now.

As soon as DW told her sister of our "new plans" we had two phone calls wanting to "borrow a bedroom for the weekend" so we've now got "downstate visitors on the way".... It's hell to live in a resort area <sigh>

We'll be rolling through Gaylord later today on I75 on our way to Oshkosh. I'll give a honk and a wave 😎

FlyingAroundRV
07-19-2019, 04:17 AM
We're camped up at Oshkosh. Sweltering in the heat and humidity, but looking forward to cooler temps next week when the show is on.

JRTJH
07-19-2019, 09:18 AM
We'll be rolling through Gaylord later today on I75 on our way to Oshkosh. I'll give a honk and a wave ��

Have a safe trip !!! If I hear you or see the wave, I'll return the hello!!!