PDA

View Full Version : 2910 BH Keeps blowing fuses

jumpmasterrushton
07-02-2019, 03:49 PM
My #9 15 amp fuse keeps blowing. It controls the fan over the stove and the lights inside the slide out. Does anyone have any ideas or seen this before.
Thanks

JRTJH
07-02-2019, 04:04 PM
With all the lights and the fan turned off, does it still blow the fuse? If so, then you probably have a direct short to ground. You'll need to troubleshoot to find where that short is located.

If it doesn't blow the fuse with everything turned off, then turn things on (then back off), one at a time. The item that blows the fuse is where to focus your troubleshooting. It could be wiring to that item or it could be the time itself. You'll need to do some "investigating" to determine which it is.

roadglide
07-02-2019, 05:41 PM
I would be looking at the wiring in the range hood fan and light kinda of sloppy wiring around that area.

jumpmasterrushton
07-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the help. I found two chaffed wires on the slide out lamp one inside the lamp an one at the wall. Was able to fix the one at the wall behind the lamp cover. Will need to replace the lamp.. Took the lamp apart and capped the wires till the new lamp arrives.