PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Breaks - Georgetown, Tx

jlonginav
07-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Hello All,

I will be staying at Cedar Breaks COE Park in early August. Has anyone been there recently? I would love your thoughts and advice

mfifield01
07-01-2019, 09:57 AM
I was there about 2 years ago. I have some notes, but they are basic information. I noted that the only thing to do was swim. I remember that it was a typical COE. It had good trees with nice sites. Only had electric and water. AT&T cell service worked fine.

5J's
07-01-2019, 06:57 PM
There are three parks at Georgetown Lake and they are all COE. Cedar Breaks has no direct water access as it's on the high side of the lake. It's a very nice park and the one I actually prefer. There is swimming about a mile from Cedar Breaks just on the other side of the dam. Cedar Breaks was shut down last year for upgrades, you may want to call to be certain it's open again. Jim Hogg park also has RV sites but it tends to cater more to the fishing crowd. The sites that back up to the water will allow you to anchor your boat near the shore line. If you're into fishing this is likely the park to stay at. Russell park across the lake from Cedar Breaks and it's geared toward the day use crowd as it has a sand beach and large swimming area. The camping at Russell is only tent camping. Good luck.