PDA

View Full Version : Accessing Slide Cable Motor

SteveW2993
07-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Not that I need to right now, but it's something I'd like to know before I need to.

Our dinette/loveseat slide in our 2018 Passport GT 2670BH - I know the gearbox/motor is right behind this piece of trim...

(see attachment)

I have the drill extension that came with the trailer to manually move the slide. My question is how the heck am I supposed to access it? The trim piece has at least 10 staples in it. Am I supposed to bring a pry bar with us in case we even need to access it? It's on there solid.

Tnx!
-Steve

JRTJH
07-01-2019, 08:10 AM
On some, you can pry out the "vinyl covered insert" in that center trim section. Once the insert is removed, you'll find either 2 or 4 screws holding the trim in place. Remove the screws, the trim "falls away" and you have access to the motor.

I remember some members saying that they removed the center insert, applied small Velcro strips (or dots) and reinstalled the insert. That way, if they need to remove the center fascia, all they need to do is pull the insert away to expose the screws.

I haven't removed the center fascia on a trailer built after about 2016, so Keystone may have changed how it's attached from prior years, but I'd suspect it's very similar.

SteveW2993
07-01-2019, 08:17 AM
It looks like all the staples are in the vinyl insert... It concerns me that I'll end up tearing it shreds trying to get it off... :ermm:
I have a small baseboard pry bar... Maybe I'll try a little test pull to see what its like... Or at least carry it with is when we're out...