PDA

View Full Version : Displaying the Flag

JJaxon
06-30-2019, 03:13 PM
I recently added the Red White and Blue to the front of my pin box for a trip this 4th of July. I used magnets and a flag base that came with a pole and flag. This will only be for when I am set up, not for travel.

How do you display the flag?

Here is my flag mount and a few other mods to my new Carbon.
https://youtu.be/sfJ4pum16aI

sourdough
06-30-2019, 03:34 PM
Try this, it should tell you what you need to know;

https://www.almanac.com/content/us-flag-etiquette-rules-and-guidelines

Randallf
06-30-2019, 05:16 PM
i have a 15 foot telescoping flag pole. i display it evertime i go out.
Also, i display 2 small flags on my 5th wheel king pin
randallf

roadglide
06-30-2019, 06:26 PM
I have a 3/8 pin clamped to the ladder run and a ring screwed to another run normally with light up top.

travelin texans
06-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Built severall of these for myself & freinds.
Used 1" pvc, stainless screws instead of glue & pins in the joints to take it apart for easy storage in an old bag chair bag. The small end is 1/2" cpvc to hold various garden type flags for different holidays & the 45 degree piece has a solar patio light attached for nightlight.
Mounted the pole over an old Shepard hook flower basket holder that I cut the top off so it can swivel.
Just FYI, the best place I've found to purchase stitched/embroidered flags is Harbor Frieght. A 3'x5' flag is under $10 & use the 20% coupon on your phone.

Pull Toy
07-01-2019, 02:58 AM
In addition to the above... A walk thru the campground should give you several ideas. I use a 16' extending window washing pole with the end taken off. The flag pole that comes with most flags fits nicely into the end. I light it with a clamp on BBQ light.

All that I personally ask is that you buy an AMERICAN MADE flag, and that you either strike the colors at dusk, or light it thru the night. I ask this in honor of all of the men and women who gave their lives or limbs to keep us free. THX

"IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER!
IF IT'S IN ENGLISH, THANK A VET!"

Good Luck,

Tbos
07-03-2019, 03:31 PM
16’ extending pole on the back. 22615

sourdough
07-03-2019, 06:25 PM
In addition to the above... A walk thru the campground should give you several ideas. I use a 16' extending window washing pole with the end taken off. The flag pole that comes with most flags fits nicely into the end. I light it with a clamp on BBQ light.

All that I personally ask is that you buy an AMERICAN MADE flag, and that you either strike the colors at dusk, or light it thru the night. I ask this in honor of all of the men and women who gave their lives or limbs to keep us free. THX

"IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER!
IF IT'S IN ENGLISH, THANK A VET!"

Good Luck,

^^^^^x2 - because it's so.

cavediver
07-04-2019, 01:45 PM
I have a question. Would it be considered tacky to hang our flag from my TV antenna?

Jack

Pull Toy
07-04-2019, 02:22 PM
IMHO... Any breeze at all, kiss your $$$ antenna goodbye! They are designed to barely hold themselves up.

My telescoping window washer pole was $20 bucks +/- (Lowes) and has held up to some serious wind. If you look at the pics of my prior post... the universal pole mount was cheap, and the bungee to the ladder was basically free. We all have extra bungees.

My total expenditure, including an AMERICAN MADE SEWN FLAG, pole, BBQ light from Harbor Freight and adjustable flag mount was well under $50 bucks. It has stood me in good stead for over 8 years now. Your antenna will cost probably cost you $150 plus to repair or replace the first time. you try it There are several options cheaper than the $300 flag pole kits that are advertised. If you have a ladder, it's a natural fit. If you have a Tag, the front jack is an excellent choice to secure to.

There are tons of truly respectful options. Check them out first! AND KEEP HER LIT, or take her down at DUSK! (Google Flag Etiquette)

p.s. I also fly a MIA/POW flag from the front mount in honor of those Vet's that are unaccounted for, and still missing on my 5th hitch. It too is light 24/7. I use my front 12v landing lights, and a magnetic mirror.

G-d Bless America on this 4th of July!

Good Luck,

cavediver
07-04-2019, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the reply, but the question is, would it be in bad taste. My antenna will handle it. The BBQ light is a good idea. The landing light is a good idea also.

sourdough
07-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the reply, but the question is, would it be in bad taste. My antenna will handle it. The BBQ light is a good idea. The landing light is a good idea also.

I'm not sure what your antenna looks like or how it would hang. Here is the guideline. Anything different would probably be in poor taste due to poor flag etiquette.

"When the flag is displayed otherwise than by being flown from a staff, it should be displayed flat, whether indoors or out; or so suspended that its folds fall as freely as though the flag were staffed."

MisaLetet
07-10-2019, 09:46 AM
Semper Fi! Husband flies the U.S. and Marine Corps flags too 😉