PDA

View Full Version : New tv for bedroom

Ranchhand
06-29-2019, 03:03 AM
So I have decided that I would like to put a 24 inch tv in the bedroom. The bedroom is all prewired for a tv with a spot on the wall to hang it. My question is should I buy a tv specially designed for rvs or can I buy a $100 LG from amazon. I guess my concern is will the $100 dollar tv handle the temperature swings and the road abuse of bouncing down the road. Is there really a difference in a rv tv you buy at etrailer as compared to a cheapy tv from amazon or Walmart

chuckster57
06-29-2019, 03:36 AM
There isn’t any real difference other than the price.

Customer1
06-29-2019, 06:32 PM
My $98 Philips tv from Walmart does just fine.

Northofu1
06-30-2019, 03:02 AM
I'm not sure how much of a tech-head you are, but if you just watch TV from the head unit/cable any tv will do, if you like to boondock or camp in areas that have very few choices of channels etc., then you should think about one that can accept flash drives, external hard drives, and something you can cast to from a cell phone. If the campground youre at has wifi, you can also watch netflix/prime/hulu etc.
Just a suggestion.

JRTJH
06-30-2019, 06:59 AM
I'm not sure how much of a tech-head you are, but if you just watch TV from the head unit/cable any tv will do, if you like to boondock or camp in areas that have very few choices of channels etc., then you should think about one that can accept flash drives, external hard drives, and something you can cast to from a cell phone. If the campground youre at has wifi, you can also watch netflix/prime/hulu etc.
Just a suggestion.

Just a comment about "good camping etiquette".... Most campgrounds have "woefully inadequate WiFi systems" and prohibit streaming on their system. Before "hogging all the WiFi" be sure the campground allows streaming, otherwise, you're potentially using the entire bandwidth, stopping your camping neighbors from being able to check email and use the internet to plan their next day travels or activities.

If you have your own internet access via phone or dedicated access, of course this wouldn't be a concern...

Be a "good neighbor" and make sure you're not abusing the campground WiFi.....

Northofu1
06-30-2019, 07:16 AM
Absolutely, that is why I carry an external H/D and a couple of flash drives. I have movies, documentaries ,TV shows, and maps of where I am travelling downloaded. I do have an excellent data plan.
If I'm up at 2am and want to watch something, odds of people being up and utilizing the wifi has been pretty good.