PDA

View Full Version : Hello From a Old/New Member :-)

DarkElf
06-27-2019, 03:36 PM
Hello all.

So, this is my first post even though I signed up back in 2014.

After signing up and lurking a few times I stopped getting emails from this site and kind of forgot about.
In the recent past I suddenly started getting mailers containing snippets of what is being posted and I started lurking again when I saw something that caught my interest. Never really had anything to contribute before so I did speak up even though I have found many of the commentary interesting.

But I have finally decided to at least do an introduction.

My wife and I have been campers for as long as we have been married - since late 1987.
We started out tenting for a number of years - I tented with my first wife from the early 80's until she passed in early '87.
My present wife, my first wife and me were close friends and tented together for a number of years prior to my first wife passing away.

Then in 2000 we bought a 12 foot Coleman Bayside popup camper and we camped in that until somewhere around 2012 at which time we traded it for a 29 foot Montana fifth wheel.

Then in 2015 we traded the Montana in for a 36 foot 2015 Grand Design Solitude which we very much love and are still using.
We tow it with our 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Classic body diesel pickup.

We live in the beautiful little state of New Hampshire and thus far, that is where we camp.
My retirement dream is the travel and camp every state in the USA.

And that's my story about my camping past and present and here I am. :)

Thanks for having us. We look forward to meeting you all.

sourdough
06-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Well.....a BELATED welcome to the forum!! As you know there are lots of good folks with lots of info here. Just met a great couple from NH in FL this past winter - maybe you can get there one day.

Chris P
06-27-2019, 05:24 PM
Welcome back from New Jersey,

Logan X
06-27-2019, 06:20 PM
Welcome back!

hankpage
06-27-2019, 07:54 PM
Michael, Glad you finally crawled out of the darkness and into the sunshine world of our forum family. You may not have traveled far but you sure have more camping experience than many here. Maybe you can share some of that experience with new members and they can guide you to your future camping destinations. Welcome back, Hank

Snoking
06-27-2019, 08:11 PM
My retirement dream is the travel and camp every state in the USA.

You might have to leave the trailer at home for the 50th state camping trip. :cool::cool::cool:

newemptynester
06-28-2019, 05:32 AM
Welcome back - I am glad you decided to contribute. We too have camped for a long time. We started before we were married (87 also). Started with a tent, then pop-up and then 25 ft Mallard (with the kids) and now the 30 ft Laredo, just us. We do not leave our state too often either. I love your retirement dream, sounds like a fabulous trip.

Northofu1
06-28-2019, 07:15 AM
:wlcm: from Toronto

DarkElf
06-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Hey. Thanks to all of you for your welcomes.
I don't see a way to get notifications when somebody replies to a post so I just came back to check and was pleased to see all the replies!
Thanks again.

Mike