PDA

View Full Version : Passport 2950BH Mods

gadgetgeek
06-27-2019, 10:38 AM
2950BH Mods - Let the Mods begin. Feel Free to share yours!

Max II Vent Covers
Motion Sensor & LED lights in Pass-Through Storage
BAL Lock Arms on all 4 jacks
Removed Outdoor kitchen cabinet for better storage
Attempted installing Dometic 310 Toilet...rotated floor flange and it fit, but the Seats wouldn't work, so I had to remove it. So for now, the only one that fits is the 300.
Cut out panel under night stand in pass-through storage for extra storage.
Extend-a-Shower
Dura Faucet RV Tub & Shower
Oxygenics Shower head
TP & Towel Holder
Towel Holders on Wall and Door
Lock Door handle on bathroom so people don't walk in on you!! :)
New bathroom sink faucet will be here Thursday
Support Shocks for the Bed - Had to reinforce the storage frame so the shocks didn't break the frame.
Replaced all the metal shades with pull down accordion shades.
Added Battery operated lights under bed
Added Slim Shade to Back Bunk door and Entry door. Decided not to do the Bathroom door for privacy and the extra light.
Added Sewer Glove Box holder in Storage
More to come...

Couldn't upload all the photos, so here is a shared Google Album.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/b6yVUb2NXvuLiUBh7

Happy Camping.

Bearcatfan50
02-11-2020, 09:01 AM
I may be using some of your MODS... Thanks

Gobirds38
02-11-2020, 10:38 AM
Nice. I need to add the bars for the jacks.

Frisbeekev
02-12-2020, 02:32 PM
2950BH Mods - Let the Mods begin. Feel Free to share yours!

Max II Vent Covers
Motion Sensor & LED lights in Pass-Through Storage
BAL Lock Arms on all 4 jacks
Removed Outdoor kitchen cabinet for better storage
Attempted installing Dometic 310 Toilet...rotated floor flange and it fit, but the Seats wouldn't work, so I had to remove it. So for now, the only one that fits is the 300.
Cut out panel under night stand in pass-through storage for extra storage.
Extend-a-Shower
Dura Faucet RV Tub & Shower
Oxygenics Shower head
TP & Towel Holder
Towel Holders on Wall and Door
Lock Door handle on bathroom so people don't walk in on you!! :)
New bathroom sink faucet will be here Thursday
Support Shocks for the Bed - Had to reinforce the storage frame so the shocks didn't break the frame.
Replaced all the metal shades with pull down accordion shades.
Added Battery operated lights under bed
Added Slim Shade to Back Bunk door and Entry door. Decided not to do the Bathroom door for privacy and the extra light.
Added Sewer Glove Box holder in Storage
More to come...

Couldn't upload all the photos, so here is a shared Google Album.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/b6yVUb2NXvuLiUBh7

Happy Camping.
Just wondering if you had a link to where you go the slim shade for the rear bunk door. I have a black sheet over mine and this seems like a great option.

gadgetgeek
02-13-2020, 07:27 AM
Just wondering if you had a link to where you go the slim shade for the rear bunk door. I have a black sheet over mine and this seems like a great option.
I purchased from Amazon and Camping World in the past. Here is a link from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-015-201512-Upgrading-Window/dp/B01MRRNQNP

Frisbeekev
02-13-2020, 08:53 AM
I purchased from Amazon and Camping World in the past. Here is a link from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-015-201512-Upgrading-Window/dp/B01MRRNQNP

Great thanks

JM&MM
02-14-2020, 11:02 AM
Hi - new to the forum. We want to install an extend-a-shower in our Passport 2810BH. However, the vinyl (or ABS or ?) shower walls extend all of the way up the wall in our shower. There is no plain wall space above the shower, or adjacent to it.

Thus, we would need to drill into the vinyl shower wall in order install the shower modification.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sucram24
02-14-2020, 02:58 PM
Quick question did you use the screws that came with the extend a shower or did you use different ones? The ones that came with mine seem to be too long.

Kylesmith3021
02-15-2020, 03:42 AM
I saw that you have the strong arm stabilizers and also the lock arm brand on the other side..We have the strong arm on ours and still get some movement on our 2980 trailer...I was thinking about putting a scissor jack in the middle 1 on each side and going with the lock arm brand for the middle just to cut down on costs..Do you notice a big difference with yours

gadgetgeek
10-15-2020, 08:01 AM
Quick question did you use the screws that came with the extend a shower or did you use different ones? The ones that came with mine seem to be too long.

Sorry for the late response. On the outside wall I'm pretty sure I used shorter screws. The wall isn't very thick so you don't want to use any screws the will go further than an inch into the wall.

gadgetgeek
10-15-2020, 08:06 AM
I saw that you have the strong arm stabilizers and also the lock arm brand on the other side..We have the strong arm on ours and still get some movement on our 2980 trailer...I was thinking about putting a scissor jack in the middle 1 on each side and going with the lock arm brand for the middle just to cut down on costs..Do you notice a big difference with yours

I only have the Lock Arm brand. I really like them but I will say that during a long stay, I periodically check them and re-tighted the jacks and the set screw. They can loosen over time with the movment in the camper.

gadgetgeek
10-15-2020, 08:09 AM
Hi - new to the forum. We want to install an extend-a-shower in our Passport 2810BH. However, the vinyl (or ABS or ?) shower walls extend all of the way up the wall in our shower. There is no plain wall space above the shower, or adjacent to it.

Thus, we would need to drill into the vinyl shower wall in order install the shower modification.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I would try to make sure to hit a stud and then seal it with silicone when I install the screw. I don't think going through the vinyl/ABS would be a problem if you seal it. Good Luck