PDA

View Full Version : Keystone wiring diagrams / schematics

coutsdj
06-25-2019, 01:04 PM
Trying to track down a reason why the hydraulic system battery won't charge. Have to keep a battery minder on it. Called Keystone and they say "they don't keep that information" believe it or not!! I have a 2017 Keystone Alpine 3651 permanent living. Can't take it anywhere. Anyone with electrical system info?
Dave

travelin texans
06-25-2019, 01:15 PM
The hydraulic system uses the same batteries as the lights & all other 12 volt systems onboard, so I'd guess either bad batteries or bad converter.
How old are your batteries? The battery disconnect is in the on position? Is there water in the batteries? Are the cables connected securely?

Fishsizzle
06-26-2019, 04:31 AM
^^^^^^^^ Tex is on the money

Sounds like a battery issue for sure.

Searching people have hit the wall on finding anything close to a wiring schematic. If you were to pull a panel off, you’d see there is no rhyme or reason to how they run wires.

Roger9841
01-06-2021, 07:34 PM
As a retired Navy Veteran and Submarine Qualified, you learn your systems just in case you need to take action. We have a 2017 Keystone Alpine 3401RS. I find the systems lacking in detailed information. Is there any how-to information on the Electrical and Hydraulic systems?

chuckster57
01-06-2021, 07:38 PM
Keystone does have a “standardized wire coding”.

https://www.keystonerv.com/innovations/color-coded-wiring

May help.

JRTJH
01-06-2021, 07:54 PM
As a retired Navy Veteran and Submarine Qualified, you learn your systems just in case you need to take action. We have a 2017 Keystone Alpine 3401RS. I find the systems lacking in detailed information. Is there any how-to information on the Electrical and Hydraulic systems?

To answer your last question: Keystone does not build he hydraulic system nor do they build the electrical components. Granted, Keystone does "wire it all together" and that part will (not may) be frustrating to get wiring information. On the other hand, I'd suspect that Lippert built your hydraulic system and WFCO built your electrical power distribution system. Fortunately, they (Lippert and WFCO) do have a very knowledgeable customer support network and ALL of the electrical components in your trailer are built by someone other than Keystone. All of them are supported by very complete manuals and most have excellent customer support assistance.

So, with the exception of "which wire is where" type of questions, the "working components and how they are wired and function" is available, not from Keystone but from the system manufacturer.....

That said, it would be nice if.... but it's not, so save the frustration and just go to the component manufacturer for your technical information.

Roger9841
01-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Found the Hydraulic details at Lippert, www.lci1.com

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/ccd-0001531.pdf

cavie
01-07-2021, 03:37 AM
Trying to track down a reason why the hydraulic system battery won't charge. Have to keep a battery minder on it. Called Keystone and they say "they don't keep that information" believe it or not!! I have a 2017 Keystone Alpine 3651 permanent living. Can't take it anywhere. Anyone with electrical system info?
Dave

It is not just the Hydraulic system battery. It is the house battery system. It is charged by the converter. The battery disconnect must be IN USE to be charged. The battery disconnect off disconnects the battery from all but safety equipment. Battery can not charge with the disconnect off.

There are 2 Reverse Polarity fuses on the converter to protect the battery. There is an inline resettable fuse within 6" of the battery.

ChuckS
01-07-2021, 07:25 AM
The DC system is really nit that complex.. battery and converter make up the basic system.. power center inside is where DC BUS and fuses are located..

A quick check with a multi meter set TK DC volt scale and connected at battery for hyd pump will indicate if converter is charging battery.

13.4 to 13.8 volts DC when connected to shore power or generator is nominal.

If you have additional batteries located in front compartment for inverter battery for residential fridge that battery also is charged from converter

If you have a specific issue with the hyd or six point level up hyd system on your Alpine there are several folks here that can assist you.

I have owned my Alpine since 2014 so ask away with your questions ... I’ve been thru mine from top to bottom and end to end

Roscommon48
01-07-2021, 08:00 AM
change out batteries and give it a go.

and call lippert if there are issues/questions