PDA

View Full Version : Ladder question -- apologies in advance.

clemson726
06-25-2019, 07:13 AM
Hi. I'm new to this forum and after 30 years of RV camping with family, I finally got married and bought my own. Its a 2019 Cougar 32RLI. I took it out for the first time last week and everything went ok minus some communication issues with the InCommand and the front AC....

Anyway, backing it into my shop, my wife failed to inform me how close it was to the back wall and the ladder smacked a wall girt. It bent it in about 6 inches between two rungs about 2/3 of the way up. Its still climbable but looks hideous. Before I attempt to repair it, I'm willing to replace it with a brand new one as long as the top and bottom mounts line up. Given that its a 2019 and the 2020s are exactly the same, I know Keystone knows what ladder this is because they are still using them. The question is, will they disclose that information to me? I emailed them with no response so far. Hopefully the use of this forum can help me out.

Logan X
06-25-2019, 07:46 AM
You might be able to find it on trekwood.com.

https://www.trekwood.com/categories

MarkEHansen
06-25-2019, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the forum! You might ask at your RV dealer's service department. I think you will pay more, but they should be able to get the part.

Another option would be to find someone willing to repair/reshape it. I'll bet there are companies that deal with this type of repair.

JRTJH
06-25-2019, 04:51 PM
You can find the three ladders used on the "Goshen plant Cougars" at Trekwood. https://www.trekwood.com/parts-search.php?model=Cougar&year=2019&category=Hardware&subcategory=Ladder+%28East%29&search-keywords=Item+%23+%2F+Keyword

Click on this link and it will take you to the three choices. Click on the one closest to your ladder and use the numbers for that ladder to do a "google search" for the best price near you. Understand that the ladder's size will mean it's a "freight only" item and shipping will probably be more than the cost of the ladder.

RV dealerships in your area should be able to order the ladder by manufacturer's part/stock number and usually they have a delivery service that brings orders to the store weekly. You can avoid the shipping freight charges that way, so even if the ladder is $20 or $30 more, if shipping is "free" you'll save a substantial amount at the dealership. Do all your possibilities before making a commitment !!!!!

sourdough
06-25-2019, 06:01 PM
Others may disagree but on something like that, and being that new, I would go to the dealership and have them get me a like component from the manufacturer. If you have the time, let the dealership include it in the normal truck shipment and your shipping charges would be substantially reduced I hope. I just had a gray tank replaced, insisting I wanted it "yesterday" and paid $326 for shipping the tank. In your case, patience might be a virtue??

clemson726
06-27-2019, 03:37 AM
Thanks everybody. I'm working on it now. I think i found the one on Trekwood. Waiting on a freight quote. I'll check at a dealership as well.