PDA

View Full Version : music download

outbackmac
09-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Anyone have any sites for free download of music? my son says limewire is really getting bad. i just purchased a mp3 player and would like to find some of the oldies that i like.

Flyguy
09-05-2011, 06:05 PM
What kind of oldies do you like? 50's, 60's I can do and even big bands of the 40's. Also classic country if your into that.

CarKath
09-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Tons of free downloads out there for music. Oldies? as in? I maybe able to steer you in the correct direction. Via PM only however.

Kunkler
09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
i have every top 100 from i think its 1959 until the year 2000 if you can come up with a list i can maybe send them to you in an email or on a disk the you would have to load them your self. if you have a smart phone that can download apps you can download music junk you can fine a lot of songs there and it free

KSL
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Its not a direct download, but you can get some great tuneage at pandora.com (streaming) or spotify.com

outbackmac
09-07-2011, 04:59 AM
I was going to Time life music and finding the songs then finding a site to download from. I like the Malt shop oldies as seen on tv

The Sod Father
09-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Ummm.... you guys DO realize downloading "free" music is illegal, right? Just putting that out there. Ergo going to a site like piratebay.com to download music and videos would be akin to stealing.

pjhansman
09-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Ummm.... you guys DO realize downloading "free" music is illegal, right? Just putting that out there. Ergo going to a site like piratebay.com to download music and videos would be akin to stealing.

Sometimes yes...and sometimes no.

While there are many sites that allow you to illegally download (pirate) music, there are many other sites that allow you to download music that truly is FREE. Google can find plenty of both.

I guess the choice you make is between you and your conscience. :)

hankpage
09-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Anyone have any sites for free download of music? my son says limewire is really getting bad. i just purchased a mp3 player and would like to find some of the oldies that i like.

There are many inexpensive computer programs that will convert your old .... well in my case 45s, 33s, 78s, 4 tracks, 8 tracks, cassettes and cds into mp3s ( no I don't own any wax tubes for my gramophone ) and it is perfectly legal as long as you don't sell them. Since you are archiving a copyrighted song that you already own to preserve it. ;) :yes: