PDA

View Full Version : 2nd A/C Dripping Inside

lesleyinky
06-18-2019, 09:05 AM
Brought our TT to Florida from Kentucky. Normally our 2nd a/c back home works perfectly with no issues. However, in this high temps and cool inside environment it’s dripping on our bed badly. I tried to do a little search on the forum to troubleshoot but most things I read refer to the unit being checked for bolt tightness on top. We’ve only had something like this happen once a year ago and not as badly but it was at the beach also. It just makes me wonder if it has more to do with the high outdoor temps than the unit fittings.

Any insight or suggestions before my husband gets on the roof if needed?

Tbos
06-18-2019, 10:52 AM
Is it possible it’s a lot of condensation from the high humidity? From your description it sounds like this is not a ducted unit. Is that correct?

lesleyinky
06-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Right it is not ducted.

Tbos
06-18-2019, 11:20 AM
Right it is not ducted.

Take off the inside cover and see if you can see exactly where the moisture is coming from. I know in our bathroom even if I have the exhaust fan on the humidity will cause a drip from the AC vent. I believe that type of AC is bolted on from the inside. It’s possible the condensate drain is clogged on the roof and the water is finding it’s way in that way. Hope you get it fixed soon.