PDA

View Full Version : Lippert GC 3.0 Remote LC358601

DocWMB
06-14-2019, 11:41 AM
Hi All.

Just received my new replacement remote from eTrailers and getting ready to install it. (Yes... $235 stupid tax. Don't leave it on the Rail bed when hooking up. :facepalm:) Have read three different sets of directions which all seem to show two steps. First configuring the remote and then synching it to the GC 3.0 controller. It seems that you can synch two remotes, and that you don't have to configure the second one, if I'm reading the instructions correctly.

My thought is that, if I want this remote to work the same way as the old one, and I technically have the first one already configured and synched (although it's unusable due to crushed screen) I should NOT configure the new one, but just synch it. Is that correct? If I did configure the new one before synching, will the GC 3.0 receiver synch to the new configuration, or cause problems because the two remotes are not configured the same? I will be throwing out the dead old one when the new one works.

Anyone got experience?

DocWMB
06-15-2019, 10:51 PM
Well, turns out the most difficult part the whole job was finding the receiver with the sync button It is a separate unit from the fuseboard/leveler hookup and was on the ceiling behind my water heater.) Had to reconfigure once to match the slides in the right spots, but it all works great now.

A new question came up. There is an app for my iPhone from Lippert called OneControl. Does anyone know if this works with the GC 3.0 and the the 358601 Remote?

xrated
06-16-2019, 02:50 AM
Well, turns out the most difficult part the whole job was finding the receiver with the sync button It is a separate unit from the fuseboard/leveler hookup and was on the ceiling behind my water heater.) Had to reconfigure once to match the slides in the right spots, but it all works great now.

A new question came up. There is an app for my iPhone from Lippert called OneControl. Does anyone know if this works with the GC 3.0 and the the 358601 Remote?

The One Control app works with the One Control system, which I don't think is on the Keystone products. I have a Grand Design Momentum and have the One Control and I indeed use that app on my phone for control of some of the functions.....lights, leveling, awning deployment, slides, etc.

Keystone's system is called iN Control and they do have an app also.....but, your trailer must have the iN Control automated system in place to be able to use it. It comes on many of the Keystone trailers, so if you have it, yes, you could use the phone app for control.....depending on what all Keystone wired in to be controlled by the system.

chuckster57
06-16-2019, 03:56 AM
We are a Grand Designs dealer and I don’t recall seeing GC 3.0 on any unit with one control, only the hydraulic “level up”.

xrated
06-16-2019, 05:24 AM
We are a Grand Designs dealer and I don’t recall seeing GC 3.0 on any unit with one control, only the hydraulic “level up”.

Chuckster...Once again, I do believe you are correct....I'm still learning and I do believe I just had another learning experience....Thank you. Mine is definitely the 6 point hydraulic system and can be controlled by the One Touch tablet screen as well as the phone app. I guess, what I was thinking before you posted the above info, was that "Ground Control" was the type of system that controls the leveling and then you would have either the electric jacks or the hydraulic jacks, depending on the weight of the trailer and which system the trailer manufacturer used for it. Thanks for squaring me away.....I appreciate ya'.

chuckster57
06-16-2019, 06:27 AM
Your welcome. Just for refrence:

GC 3.0 comes in 4 point and 6 point and is electric

Level up ONLY comes in 6 point and is hydraulic.

xrated
06-16-2019, 07:05 AM
Your welcome. Just for refrence:

GC 3.0 comes in 4 point and 6 point and is electric

Level up ONLY comes in 6 point and is hydraulic.

:thumbsup: Yea, that's what I saw too after you got me corrected and I started looking. I don't know if I would have bet money on it or not (probably not, I'm not much of a gambler), but I could have sworn that I saw something on my 394 about ground control 3. It must have been a fig newton of my imagination! :D

CaptnJohn
06-21-2019, 05:54 PM
I know I have the extra remote that came with my 2016 Cougar,,,,,, somewhere.

tech740
06-21-2019, 07:03 PM
My 2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK has the GC 3.0 6 point hydraulic and the one control system.

chuckster57
06-21-2019, 07:06 PM
My 2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK has the GC 3.0 6 point hydraulic and the one control system.

Can you post a picture of the control pad outside in the compartment?
Looking at the Lippert website
Hydraulic system is called Level Up

https://www.lci1.com/automatic-leveling

tech740
06-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Can you post a picture of the control pad outside in the compartment?
Looking at the Lippert website
Hydraulic system is called Level Up

https://www.lci1.com/automatic-leveling

Sure. I will be back at the camper in the morning. I know the hydraulic jack itself says ground control.

This is what mine looks like.

tech740
06-22-2019, 04:12 AM
Well Chuckster I suppose you are used to hearing this but you are right again. I must have confused the leveling system on the one I bought with one we looked at. I have level up and one control. Sorry for the confusion.

chuckster57
06-22-2019, 05:23 AM
No problem.

GC electric jacks do have the label on them

tech740
06-22-2019, 10:25 AM
I know a few we looked at had that labor. I just thought it was in the one we bought. I guess that’s why the DW does the thinking. Lol