PDA

View Full Version : Slideout lights not working

SAM101814
06-13-2019, 04:42 AM
Hi all,

I have a 2008 Keystone Cougar 29BHS travel trailer with one slideout. The RV is on a permanent site with 30 amp service. The lights on the slideout are not working. I've checked the bulbs, battery, and fuses and all are in good shape. Everything else in the camper works. The AC, heat, fridge, lights in the main cabin, outlets, etc. The lights in the slide out are the only lights not working. I did find the inline circuit breaker on the tongue of my trailer by the battery to be in pretty rough shape (shown in pic). Will replacing this with a new one possibly fix my lights on the slide out? I ordered a 50 amp breaker off of Amazon. I hope it's the right one.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IMJNIZ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edward willis
06-22-2019, 05:55 PM
I have a 2018 keystone 5th wheel and have basically the same problem. The living room slide out leds wont come on. The electrical sockets work fine and all fuses appear to be fine. Anybody have an answer?

chuckster57
06-22-2019, 07:50 PM
The 12V circuits on the slides will originate at the 12V fuse panel. If you have verified all the fuses are good using either a test light or meter, then I would start at bottom of the slide outside.

There will be a bundle of wires coming out of the underbelly and entering the slide usually at a corner. Check for 12V once you find the stranded wires. The 110 will probably look like a round extension cord-LEAVE IT ALONE. The 12V will be a pair with one side white and the other white with a color. White is ground tracer is hot.

Once you verify power/no power at that point you just trace one way or the other.

SAM101814
06-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Replacing the front breaker didn't fix my problem. The slideout lights still don't work. The slideout itself and the slideout outlets work but not the slideout lights.

chuckster57
06-25-2019, 11:41 AM
The circuit to operate the slide motor is separate from the circuit to operate the lights. They are 12VDC and the outlets are 110VAC so the outlets don’t even figure into this issue.

Have you read my response and done any tests?