PDA

View Full Version : Lens covers

Hshorten1
06-09-2019, 11:02 AM
My lights are so bright in my travel trailer. Very annoying.
I have the hard wired LED lights. They are way too bright. Instead of replacing them (sounds costly) does anyone know how to order new lens covers that might be a little darker. Or, does anyone know of something that is safe to put inside these lens covers to dim it?

chuckster57
06-09-2019, 11:12 AM
I would look for an LED compatible dimmer. If the switch is "part of the light" then maybe you can replace the element with a "softer" LED. I'm just thinking out loud as I am NOT an expert on LED lighting.

Hshorten1
06-09-2019, 02:24 PM
I have 8 different lights I here so I’d rather not have to put a dimmer on each one. They are push button and hard wired. I think the cheapest way would be to get darker lens covers but I just can’t find them.

WNY Bullet
06-09-2019, 04:07 PM
I have 8 different lights I here so I’d rather not have to put a dimmer on each one. They are push button and hard wired. I think the cheapest way would be to get darker lens covers but I just can’t find them.

You can buy spray tint at the auto parts store and spray them. Just make sure you spray them all the same, so some don't come out darker than the others.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/rust-oleum-lens-tint-spray-paint-black-10-oz-297622/11443522-P?searchTerm=spray+tint

papachaz
06-09-2019, 04:58 PM
order replacement bulbs on amazon or ebay, it won't cost that much to just change them out. Now if you go to the parts store, yeah, those buggers are expensive

Hshorten1
06-09-2019, 05:10 PM
Thank you. I’ll do that.