PDA

View Full Version : Interior lighting upgrade

foldbak
06-08-2019, 06:25 AM
So when we bought our 2018 Half Ton one of the sales features was the interior LED lights. ALL of those beautiful BRIGHT white lights! After the first trip out we discovered that all that light is great to showcase a new trailer but impossible to live with. The lights are "extreme white and extreme bright". There is one switch that turns on four ceiling lights, one switch that that turns on three lights above the sofa, one switch that turns on three lights above the dinette. There are two light above the recliners that have on off switches. We've tried all combinations for night lighting to watch TV and nothing works. The lights are simply too bright.

I did some research and found that they make the same light with an on off push button in warm white. So I ordered 16 of them. Of course the parts department ordered the wrong light and I got 16 push button extreme white. :facepalm: The second order was correct...

I replaced all of the lights and now I can select exactly what light is on and in warm white lighting. What a difference. It is really helpful in the bedroom. Especially the light right above the bed. It was literally blinding when turned on.

Two hours and $97 dollars later problem solved.

Old Mustanger
06-08-2019, 06:16 PM
So where did you find the replacement lights and what brand? :confused:

foldbak
06-09-2019, 07:25 AM
I found them on the web but the dealership was much cheaper :confused: $5.38 each

https://www.ebay.com/i/272627474981?chn=ps