PDA

View Full Version : Toilet question

Mroe67
06-06-2019, 12:22 PM
When you just slightly press the flush pedal, you can add water without it going down. Is it supposed to be able to stay there till flushes? After a few minutes outs leaks out? Maybe bad seal? Not sure it’s worth replacing...... not getting an smells out of it.

chuckster57
06-06-2019, 12:29 PM
The water level should not drop until you flush. Depending on brand/model the issue may be the seal or the “flap”.

hankpage
06-06-2019, 12:32 PM
That's normal, may need cleaning or some lubricant. Some folks use vegetable oil or silicone grease. Sometimes just snapping it shut will do the trick for a while but I'm not too sure how good that is for the plastic parts longevity. JM2˘, Hank

I hope I don't start the "Olive Oil" joke fest again.

Logan X
06-06-2019, 12:38 PM
The seal may not be seated all of the way. This was the case in my toilet. I put on gloves and pressed firmly around the seal. I felt and heard it click into place.

Below is a link to a recent thread which has more info

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38290

FlyingAroundRV
06-06-2019, 12:44 PM
As others have said, the water should definitely stay. According to the manual with my trailer, that is supposed to be the "smell seal". Also as someone else said, it's time to put the rubber gloves on and go dunny diving!

Fishsizzle
06-07-2019, 06:20 AM
Look about 3-4 threads down. There is a good explanation of how to correct it straight from the manual