PDA

View Full Version : We need some wood trim

Ron and Judy
06-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Ron found some water damage that looks like it's been there a long while. The roof is good he says... But he wants to replace the swollen particle board with something new so it doesn't look so bad... (fussy guy) we want to know if there is anywhere we can get replacement pieces. If we can't he'll just go buy some pine and make it himself.

JRTJH
06-05-2019, 05:52 PM
If it's wood finish trim that you're replacing, you may find the finish (or something close) at a building supply store. If it's the vinyl wrapped trim that matches the wallboard, then you may find it at Trekwood.com or possibly a Keystone RV dealer may have some in their parts department. Usually when a warranty repair is approved, Keystone will send that dealership the materials to complete the work. Often they'll send a 8' length of trim, even if the area only requires a shorter piece. Sometimes dealers throw the excess away, sometimes it gets stuck on a shelf until "spring cleaning". So, maybe you'll get lucky asking a dealer for any scraps, maybe not. It's worth a try if you're relatively close to a dealer.

Ron and Judy
06-05-2019, 06:25 PM
Thanks John.. We will check. We live in Florida so I'm not sure how close we are to a dealer. This unit is used so there isn't any warranty. Ron will probably just buy the pine and do it himself... I can match the stain well enough myself with a piece of the damaged article.

Bullet Boy
06-09-2019, 09:39 AM
I found some water damage on lower trim pieces around my bathroom sink. Truthfully, it’s crap particle board with sticker like wood grain material on it. I’m going to remove that wood and use vinyl cove base from Home Depot that you can cut with a razor and glue on permanently. This is a 100% water proof resolution to ever dealing with what water could ever damage again, because I’m sure we will deal with water again.......Happy Camping