PDA

View Full Version : Dragging it home today!

SteveC7010
09-03-2011, 12:00 AM
We just closed the deal on a new Cougar 5er on Thursday and had our dealer walk-through. We're bringing it home today for outfitting and heading out Monday for a trial run.

I'm Steve and DW is Gail. We are both lifetime campers, starting in tents and working our ways up. I canoe tripped as a teen, tented in my early 20's, and bought my first TT in the early '70's. Gail's whole family tent camped since before she was born. She stepped up to popup in the '80's. We met in the '90's, used the popup for one season and then bought a new '99 Sunline TT which we have used until now.

I am retired from Rochester-Monroe County Emergency Communications Department (9-1-1) where I worked for nearly 28 years.

We currently live in the Adirondack Park on the Great Sacandaga Lake. Our camping is mostly here in the park in New York State DEC campgrounds which have no hookups so we are real comfortable with dry camping.

The 5er is planned as our "cross-country" rig. We both want to see a lot of the US and Canada in the years ahead.

I've been very active in the Sunline Owners Club forum, and several others on different subjects around the net. I'm looking ahead to lots of interesting discussions!

jq1031
09-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Welcome to the forum Steve & Gail. You're very fortunate living in the "Daks" & all it has to offer. As a former buffalonian visiting Lake Placid was always a favorite destination. Enjoy your new 5er.:wave:

Festus2
09-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Glad to have you with us! We are looking forward to hearing from you and sharing your expertise and your dry camping experiences with us. As someone else who does quite a bit of the same type of camping, :thumbsup: it's nice to have some company here on the forum. Congratulations on your new Cougar!

therink
09-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Welcome Steve
Congrats on the Cougar. We are from Rochester. My company does emergency spill response and I frequently work with the Monroe County and Rochester emergency management/hazmat response folks.
Steve

SteveC7010
09-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Welcome Steve
Congrats on the Cougar. We are from Rochester. My company does emergency spill response and I frequently work with the Monroe County and Rochester emergency management/hazmat response folks.
Steve

I thought your name rang a distant bell! :)

Anyway, glad to be here, and looking forward to hearing about other folk's experiences and issues with the Keystone products.