PDA

View Full Version : Water heater on Electric.

GeekSquadOfUn
06-05-2019, 07:10 AM
I have a Suburban water heater, runs on Electric or Propane. I know about about the switch on the outside. ON or OFF for electric mode.

My question, I have a new 2019 Cougar with iN-Command where I can pick Water Heater: Gas, Electric or Both. Do I leave the Outside switch always ON, and use iN-Command to control it? Or does it override the outside switch altogether?

Thanks.

TJO
06-05-2019, 07:24 AM
I have a Suburban water heater, runs on Electric or Propane. I know about about the switch on the outside. ON or OFF for electric mode.

My question, I have a new 2019 Cougar with iN-Command where I can pick Water Heater: Gas, Electric or Both. Do I leave the Outside switch always ON, and use iN-Command to control it? Or does it override the outside switch altogether?

Thanks.

The switch outside needs to be in the on position for the electric heater to work. You control it with the in-Command. hope this helps?

MarkEHansen
06-05-2019, 07:24 AM
Both the outside switch and iN-Command must be on to use electric.

Think of the outside switch as a safety. Turn it off when the tank is empty so you don't accidentally turn on the electric heating element on an empty tank.

GeekSquadOfUn
06-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Thank you. Makes sense.