PDA

View Full Version : 2019 29BHPR bypass valve for hot water tank

-Q-
06-04-2019, 05:35 PM
Hello, I just purchased a 2019 29Bhpr and I can't get any hot water. I believe the hot water tank bypass valve is preventing water from going into the hot water tank.

Does anyone know how I can get to this valve? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Q

Just chillin
06-04-2019, 06:01 PM
Enjoy that new trailer, I have a 26RBPR, I would think that valve would be under the cabinet by the sink under the window. Probably behind a removable panel on the back side of the water heater. Make sure the heater is full of water before you turn it on.

MarkEHansen
06-05-2019, 06:51 AM
It sounds like you've already run your heater, possibly without any water in it?

If you ran it on electricity while the tank was empty, you likely have burned up the heating element.

FYI

hankpage
06-05-2019, 08:22 AM
It sounds like you've already run your heater, possibly without any water in it?

If you ran it on electricity while the tank was empty, you likely have burned up the heating element.

FYI

X2 .... Locate the WH outside then look for an access point inside the trailer. The bypass is on the rear of the WH tank. You may have to remove a panel or a drawer in a cabinet or a panel in a storage area. If your elecric element is burnt out you can still safely heat the water with propane. JM2¢, Hank

-Q-
06-05-2019, 01:15 PM
I found the access to the tank. I had to open a side panel inside the cabinet. I turned the valve and I’m waiting to see if I get hot water.

The heating element was on for about 30 minutes yesterday. We’ll see what happens.

I did notice that there was quite a bit of foam water coming out of the tap after the bypass was opened, so there might have been water in the tank.

Crossing my fingers.

-Q-
06-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Success! I’ve got hot water from the electric heating element.

German Shepherd Guy
06-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Ye Hah! Ain't it grand that someone, :lol:somewhere:facepalm: forgives our mistakes!:flowers:

And now you KNOW where the bypass shut off is for this falls winterization. :D

Congratulations Q and have fun camping this summer.:camping: