PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Ron and Judy
06-04-2019, 04:33 PM
We are Ron and Judy. We just bought a used Keystone Springdale and are having fun getting it road ready. Ronny wants to know about an outside ladder for the unit as it doesn't have one. We are shopping for one but want to check with some old salts who know more than we do about this model. It currently does not have a ladder and we are wondering if it would be beneficial for us to install one.

Chris P
06-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Congratulations on your New camper, as far as I know if there is no ladder the roofs aren't walkable, I may be totally wrong .But the knowledgeable folks here will definitely help, Welcome to the forum from New Jersey.

Fishsizzle
06-05-2019, 01:04 AM
Welcome!

Agree, there are several awesome techs here that post and they will tell you, no madder means you should walk on the roof

Logan X
06-05-2019, 06:12 AM
Welcome to the forum from California!

As far as I know, if the unit doesn’t come with a ladder it means you can’t walk on the roof.

5J's
06-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Congrats on the Springdale. Welcome to the forum from SE Texas.

mwemaxxowner
06-08-2019, 03:58 PM
I'm kind of in the same situation. I've read this same thing before. But, if something up there needs service or maintenance...what do we do?

Gegrad
06-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Welcome from Pennsylvania!

Logan X
06-08-2019, 05:32 PM
I'm kind of in the same situation. I've read this same thing before. But, if something up there needs service or maintenance...what do we do?

I’ve heard others post about using 4x8 sheets of rigid foam to spread out their weight while they were on the roof. I would guess you should crawl instead of walk. Also, you may be able to access a lot of the roof from the sides with a tall ladder.