PDA

View Full Version : Interior Wall Panel Joint Tape Repair

slow
06-04-2019, 04:13 AM
Looking for some advice: What is the most effective way to repair the tape when it is starting to lift from the panels at the joint?

chuckster57
06-04-2019, 04:19 AM
If you can peel it off without damaging it, you can use a spray adhesive. Otherwise, try a wet rag and a heat gun to reactivate the glue.

JRTJH
06-04-2019, 05:57 AM
I use liquid wood glue (similar to Elmer's glue). Just wipe the area with a good cleaner (I use windex) to remove any grease/dirt, use a Q-Tip to apply the glue to the loose tape, press it into place and use a damp rag to remove any excess glue before it dries. If the tape curls, I use a piece of "green Frog tape" to hold it in position until the glue adheres, then carefully remove the Frog tape. If you use tape, be sure to wipe all the excess glue from the area BEFORE applying the tape, otherwise, you'll glue the Frog tape to the wall and really have a mess to deal with !!!!!

slow
06-04-2019, 06:58 AM
Thanks for those insights. Much appreciated.

Fishsizzle
06-05-2019, 07:19 AM
HW did wallpaper with her mom for years. Grab the glue any mentioned above. Goto a feed store and get some needles with plungers. Fill with glue and squeeze some into the bubbles. They make a smaller roller to smooth it out. And the tape mentioned can hold it down if needed