PDA

View Full Version : Slide out topper

cayovelez
06-03-2019, 12:12 PM
Hello,

Wondering if there is a way to adjust the slide out topper without having to reset the fabric?

Thanks

chuckster57
06-03-2019, 12:17 PM
What are you trying to adjust? And what brand/style?

cayovelez
06-03-2019, 12:23 PM
The tension of the fabric. After almost 20 feet of snow this past winter in northern California, the fabric is kinda floppy.

chuckster57
06-03-2019, 12:29 PM
If you can determine which end has the tension spring, or if both have a tension spring, you just insert a pin in the end of the tube to hold the tension.

Then take the whole roller assembly off the brackets, wind it in 2 turns and then retract the slide enough to put the tube assembly back on. Release the pins and that should do it.

Tbos
06-03-2019, 05:53 PM
If you can determine which end has the tension spring, or if both have a tension spring, you just insert a pin in the end of the tube to hold the tension.

Then take the whole roller assembly off the brackets, wind it in 2 turns and then retract the slide enough to put the tube assembly back on. Release the pins and that should do it.

Chuckster, Any chance you can post a picture or two next time you make that kind of adjustment. Thanks in advance.

chuckster57
06-03-2019, 06:05 PM
What brand of topper do you have? I’m way behind the 8 ball with PDIs at the moment but I maybe able to find a unit with the same brand to show you.

Tbos
06-04-2019, 04:21 AM
What brand of topper do you have? I’m way behind the 8 ball with PDIs at the moment but I maybe able to find a unit with the same brand to show you.

Mine are Solera. Don’t make a special effort. Those buyers have priority.