PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Keystone hideout frigerator

Trinibob
06-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Well I did not know that my particular year of camper had a frigerator that was only built supposedly Built for only 1 or 2 years.
I had problems with the igniter and was told that no parts are available thankfully a loose connection was the problem not The solenoid that releases the gas.
Is this a normal problem with a sensories only being built a short time And
no Access to replacement parts

bobbecky
06-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Most likely, you have either a Dometic or a Norcold unit, and parts that can be replaced are usually available from a variety of places. All you need is the brand and model number to find parts.

KeithInUpstateNY
06-03-2019, 09:39 AM
It is increasingly common, especially when one company buys out another. I had to replace my on demand water heater at home this winter because parts were no longer available.

If you can't get parts from your dealer or the manufacturer I would check trekwood.com.

JRTJH
06-03-2019, 10:05 AM
Well I did not know that my particular year of camper had a frigerator that was only built supposedly Built for only 1 or 2 years.
I had problems with the igniter and was told that no parts are available thankfully a loose connection was the problem not The solenoid that releases the gas.
Is this a normal problem with a sensories only being built a short time And
no Access to replacement parts

I'd suspect your refrigerator is an Atwood Helium brand. That company was bought by Dometic about 4 years ago. The technology, while probably "sound in concept" didn't pan out commercially and when Dometic bought Atwood, they simply didn't need to continue to build a line of refrigerators that were "questionably inferior" to the standard absorption technology that they already were marketing. So, they stopped building the Atwood Helium line and, as you're learning, parts are difficult to find.

My guess is that sooner or later, someone is going to build a "conversion cooling unit" to allow those with Atwood refrigerators to remove the old, non-working cooling unit and replace it with a "conventional cooling unit". But, as of yet, I haven't heard of that being done on any large scale.

My guess is, if you need a "critical component" for your Atwood, you'll find it not available at almost every RV parts counter.