PDA

View Full Version : 4th time is not a charm

linux3
06-03-2019, 05:32 AM
Just back from our first outing of the 4th season.
1) 1/2 a mile from our first destination I blew a TT tire. I wanted and bought a dual axle TT for a reason.
2) We have never had a water leak of any kind. Because this is the 4th year while the TT was at the dealer for inspection I had them do a roof clean and treat. Yup, you gessed it, we now have a leak around the antenna crank.
3) The black water flush bracket that is bolted to the frame fell off then the cheap (!#%$@#) non-stainless steel bolts rusted and broke.

Enough already.
But we had a wonderful time.

notanlines
06-03-2019, 06:23 AM
Curious, what brand tire and what is the build date?

linux3
06-03-2019, 08:54 AM
Curious, what brand tire and what is the build date?

The Trailer Kings that came on the TT and the build date is 2615.
I took a good hard look at the tires before this trip and they looked fine. The last 2 miles to where we were camping in SW PA is a very, very bad road. On a particularly bad up hill section I hear the tire go bang.
Will be buying 4 new tires soonest.

notanlines
06-03-2019, 03:43 PM
Rob, be sure to peruse the forum for tire brand for replacement. I still have nightmares where Trailer King tires chase me in the dark....:eek:

linux3
06-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Rob, be sure to peruse the forum for tire brand for replacement. I still have nightmares where Trailer King tires chase me in the dark....:eek:
You are from around here.
Any dealers you can suggest?

busterbrown
06-04-2019, 07:01 AM
Your #1 point is just another example of why not to "roll" with the typical OEM chinese brand. Recent trends toward a quality constructed tire include models from Carlisle, Goodyear, and Maxxis. I'm surprised you pushed the proverbial 'envelope' with the Trailer Kings after being a member on here for nearly 3 years.

Remember too, after a tire failure, the other 3 tires will have been compromised even more and will likely have the same fate if they continue to be used (this includes the spare).

Personally, I would make it a priority to replace all 5 tires before any future travels with one of the forementioned brands. If your wheels support a bump up in load range, even better. Good luck.