PDA

View Full Version : We are almost ready to hook up

ADKJimmy
05-31-2019, 12:12 PM
Back in March this year we bought a 2010 Keystone Retreat 39kbs destination trailer, sight unseen (well we saw some nice photos) and then had U-ship bring it from Minn to MA.
I wont get into the amount of work I had to do just to clean the unit no less square up all the neglected items in, on top and underneath. yes there was a lot. 20 bucks here, 30 bucks there adds up. Oh yea we found the last dead mouse the other day. The air is clearing LOL.
I am a pretty picky guy, but frankly the dealer should be ashamed. if I wasn't handy and just an average person this would have been costly.

A few highlights- :facepalm:
Battery was dry yet full of ladybugs
glide motor was not working determined, loose wires (easy fix)
glide seals were all shot "chewed" - another easy fix
roof septic vents (4) all needed replacing - while up there I added a MAXX air fan cleaned and inspected.
Bedroom glide wall support shattered in transit another easy fix (luckily)
And did I mention it was filthy top to bottom mouse droppings and nests everywhere.
It had a cracked Black tank (another easy fix but it took some Yankee ingenuity) and the lil rodents chewed all the tank level wires off.

And of course I changed out some of the awful 2010 decor, such as the diaper they call a patio door shade to an actual vertical blind :D

All in all we are much happier with it now, its cleaned up nicely packed and ready for one more trip up the hi-ways, everything is now in perfect working condition.

The plan is for it to be a 3 - 4 month summer home for us.

But I digress .... the reason I posted besides to share and say howdy, (Howdy) is that I would like to ask some ideas for a winter (harsh winter) covers. :bow:

Thanks all
Jim

Northofu1
05-31-2019, 12:27 PM
Re:wlcm: from Toronto
Good work on the big clean up. I put a cover on my trailer and I was very pleased with it. I did look for indoor storage first but there was nothing around that I would drive to. I am on team cover. I used one similar to the video only it had zippers to have rv access when covered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7rZnBldvE

Logan X
05-31-2019, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the forum from California! Congratulations on the trailer and the completion of the massive cleanup.

ADKJimmy
05-31-2019, 02:34 PM
Thanks all ! BTW how do I add a pic to my name?

Logan X
05-31-2019, 02:51 PM
Go to “user cp” in the upper left corner. Select edit avatar and that should let you add a picture.

meaz93*
06-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Welcome!.... good gravy your a patient man-lol22054