PDA

View Full Version : Is this an issue?

Salt Life
05-31-2019, 05:55 AM
2011 Copper Canyon. Possibly looking to sell it soon as we're planning on upgrading. It's in excellent shape with bright graphics. I did notice what looks to be a little distortion on both sides by the hitch. I've been told this is common. Is it? If not, what's going on?

Thanks...
Salt Life

Tbos
05-31-2019, 06:18 AM
Looks like there may be some separation between the fiberglass and the backing. It can come from heat and use or from water intrusion. If you are sure there hasn’t been any water in the walls it might not affect it much. It looks pretty minor and the rest looks great. Hope it goes well selling it or trading it in.

JRTJH
05-31-2019, 07:58 AM
It could be a leaking seal at the front cap, it could be adhesive failure between the luan and the FILON, it could be the results of 9 years of exposure to the elements, it could be typical for that trailer and the way it was constructed. If there's no other issues or evidence of "water intrusion/adhesive failure" then I'd consider it "normal wear and tear" and not worry about it.

travelin texans
05-31-2019, 08:18 AM
If you're selling it anyway call it 8-9 years of "wear & tear".
If a dealer was selling it they'll assure you it's not a problem, if you're trading it in to a dealer it will suddenly be a very serious problem.

jsb5717
05-31-2019, 11:43 AM
Delamination is pretty common in that era or older. Given the location it could be caused just from the flexing that can happen at or around the hitch when towing. I've seen a lot worse. If there are no soft spots on the inside of the coach around those same areas then it's possible that it isn't a water intrusion issue as much as an adhesive breakdown issue.

Conversely, is there a washer/dryer up in that corner? Interior plumbing leaking could also cause this.

Fishsizzle
05-31-2019, 03:56 PM
Or you could start doing this:

On his way to a red-neck airstream

Salt Life
05-31-2019, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys. I'm not going to worry about it. We plan on selling it ourselves...