PDA

View Full Version : Water heater adjustment

Hshorten1
05-30-2019, 07:44 PM
Just got a 2019 Keystone Bullet. Hot water is scalding. Is this adjustable? Looked inside water heater panel outside but see no adjustment.

Raptor to go.
05-30-2019, 07:53 PM
My 2018 raptor is the same, very hot and no way to turn it down, just add more cold water I guess. Sorry, not much help.

bobbecky
05-30-2019, 08:48 PM
If the water heater is a Suburban, the 12 volt switch for the gas mode and the 120 volt switch for electric mode are both fixed at 130 degrees, and no adjustment is possible. On the Atwood water heaters, there is an adjustable thermostat available that goes from 110 degrees to 150 degrees, part number 93105, https://www.rvpartsnation.com/rv-water-heater/atwood-water-heater/atwood-water-heater-parts/ . We have the Suburban and just mix cold with hot and have no issue with doing this.

notanlines
05-31-2019, 01:36 AM
This will not be a problem. Both the 12 volt and 120 volt limit switches are mounted with easy access directly behind your 'reset' buttons. If you take that small cover off and remove one of the switches you will be able to read the part number. Bring that switch (both switches) to your RV parts department and tell them what degree you would like. easy peasy! Of course be sure to disconnect the power from the RV before fooling with the wiring. Keep your original for spares, and be sure to lightly sand the tank to insure proper contact between the tank and the switch.
I might add these switches are also available online if Google is your friend.